As a volunteer, you are an important part of the school community. The need for volunteers is unique to each school. There’s no better way to support school communities than by sharing your special talents and knowledge with students, teachers and staff. It is a great way to make a difference in a student’s life by helping them gain self-esteem, improve reading and math skills and become successful in school and life. Review the qualifications and complete Steps 1 and 2 listed below.
- All volunteers must be approved by the school Principal.
- Availability, dependability, reliability, friendliness and flexibility.
- Awareness of and willingness to follow school Staff-Student Relations Policy 795.
- Special talents or abilities that help to enrich the school program.
- Recognition that accepting an assignment is a serious commitment.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding students and school personnel.
- A desire and interest in working with children and youth.
- A willingness to learn and to follow directions while working with students.
STEP 1 – BACKGROUND CHECK:
(1) Submit your background check information via Secure Volunteer (Powered By BIB)
(2) This screening creates a safer environment.
(3) Secure Volunteer (Powered By BIB) Website is secure and personal data is protected.
(4) HCPS will pay for your background check.
(5) Once approved your Volunteer ID card will be sent from Secure Volunteer at the address you provided.
(6) Must have your volunteer ID card with you at all times during volunteering.
(7) If you lose your ID go to the Secure Volunteer link above and request a replacement. You will be charged a $5.00 fee for the replacement card.
STEP 2 – VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: Print, complete and submit to the school administrator.