Print Page


How to Enroll Your Child

Children need to be 5 years old by August 31 in order to begin kindergarten in that school year. The state mandates that children between the ages of 7 and 16 attend public school, private school, or an official home school.

Parents will need to contact the school in the attendance district where the parents reside to enroll their child.  If you do not know which school district you live in, you may call our Transportation Department at (828) 697-4739 for assistance.

To enroll the child(ren), parents should take the following documents to the school:

  1. Birth Certificate
  2. Immunization Records
  3. Name, Telephone Number and Address of previous school attended
  4. Report Card or Grade Placement Information
  5. Proof of Residence (one of the following documents must be presented to verify)
    Acceptable documents to verify residence:
    1. Rental/purchase agreement
    2. Utility bills (electric, telephone, gas, etc.)
    3. Car insurance or property insurance policies
    4. Income tax W-2 form or property tax bill
  6. If you are unable to produce a proof of residency document for the primary residence where you are renting or staying, you will need to complete a Form E – Official Statement of Domicile Verification by Landlord stating that you reside at that address.  This statement does not need to be notarized.
  7. If you do not have proof of residence due to homelessness, please contact the Homeless Education Link Project (HELP) program at (828) 388-0266 or (828) 388-0294.
  8. All students need to be registered at their home school district even if a parent/guardian wishes to make a request for transfer/reassignment to another school or to attend Hendersonville Elementary (Flex Schedule school).

Online Enrollment in Kindergarten for the 2024-25 School Year

Online Enrollment in 1st-12th Grade for the 2025-25 School Year

More Information

Kindergarten Registration

Reassignment Information

Admission Affidavits