Google Maps & Earth Resources
Google My Maps
- My Maps Planning Guide
- Google Maps Tutorial (YouTube)
- Google Maps Support Site
- My Maps in the Primary Classroom by Susan Stewart
- Alice Keeler’s My Maps Lesson Ideas
- Ditch That Textbook Ideas
- Math Lesson Ideas by Tim Bleazard
Sample My Maps Activities
- Paul Revere
- Esperanza Rising
- 27 Measurement Activities
- The Titanic by Shane Butler
- Coordinate Grid by Alicia Herron
- Walk Like an Egyptian by Cynthia Wulfsberg
- Harriet Tubman: A Trail of Bravery and Courage
- Historical and Educational Tour of Boston
- Ms. Drasby’s Interactive Social Studies Activity
- Weather for Kindergartners by Dani Wiley
- Penguins of the World by Sharla LaBelle
- Research Skills by Rachel White
- Animals and Their Habitats
- Calculate the Cost of a Vacation by Sheryl Wicks
- 5th Grade American History Scavenger Hunt
- Holidays of the World (Student Created)
- Olympic Cities (Student Created)
- Creating Projects with Google Earth
- Planning Guide (copy link)
- Google Earth Projects Support Site
- Google Earth Creation Tools YouTube Playlist
- Google Earth Voyager
- Carmen Sandiego Google Earth Game and Resource Guide
Google Earth Project Ideas
- Create a story about a person’s life.
- Tell a story about important locations in history.
- Write a creative story using locations.
- Show what happens during someone’s daily activities.
- Make a visual for a newsletter or book.
- Create math problems using distance.
- Show your school district and community in an interactive way.
- Collaborate on a map for a project.
- Recreate a vacation through a diary.