Steps to Take Before Leaving HCPS
Your Google Apps account will be suspended immediately after your final day with the district. It is important that you follow these steps before your account is no longer active.
- You can copy content from a school account to a personal account before you leave.
- Transfer ownership of any Drive items needed by another staff member.
- Transfer ownership of any Google Sites needed by another staff member.
- Transfer ownership of any Google Classrooms needed by another staff member.
- Use Google Takeout to make a download of Calendar Events, Contacts and Drive items to use in another Gmail account.
- Forward any needed emails to another email account.
Steps to Take Before Transferring to Another Location or Position
When transferring to another location or position, you will be able to make the following changes after you move. However, if you own items which are needed by staff members at your original location, it is important to do so before you leave. (Example: A principal leaving a school would need to transfer ownership of documents in a shared staff folder.)