Henderson County Public Schools is the 27th largest school district in the state, and the second largest in Western North Carolina. Our 13 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 4 high schools, education center and early college high school exist in the East, Hendersonville, North and West districts. We consistently have some of the highest graduation rates and lowest drop-out rates in the state of North Carolina, and pride our students’ and staff’s pursuits of excellence and adherence to the following mission, vision and values:
Henderson County Public Schools will provide all students the opportunity to learn and the encouragement to succeed in a safe environment. We will honor the individual and nurture the potential of all children.
The success of a child is the result of a collaborative partnership of school, child, parents, and community.
Every student will achieve success and graduate as a life-long learner, globally competitive, prepared for career, college, and life.
- We are here for the children we serve.
- We value each child.
- We value the development of the whole child.
- We value a safe, supportive, and caring learning environment.
- We value respect, honesty, and integrity.
- We value the commitment of quality employees.
- We value effective learning through high-quality instruction.
- We value the pursuit of excellence.