The Governing Board of Henderson County Public Schools has authorized the sale by sealed bids for the tiny house described below:
Henderson County Public Schools owns a tiny house with trailer that was built as a collaborative project between interior design, drafting, and construction students from West Henderson High School. The project was completed in September 2018.
1. Henderson County Public Schools will accept sealed bids for the property from the date of this advertisement until 9:00 a.m., Monday, October 1, 2018. Sealed Bids shall be delivered to the
Purchasing Department, Henderson County Public Schools, 414 Fourth Avenue West, Hendersonville, NC 28739.
2. At 9:00 a.m., Monday, October 1, 2018 all bids received shall be opened in public and the amount of each bid recorded (location listed in #1, Room 1A).
3. Minimum bid of $50,000 must be received.
4. The Governing Board will determine the highest responsible bidder for the property and will award the bid at its regular meeting on October 9, 2018.
5. To be responsible a bid must be accompanied by a bid deposit of five percent (5%) of the amount of the bid. A bid deposit may take the form of a cashier’s check or a certified check. The deposit of the bidder to whom the award is made will be held until sale of the property is closed; if that bidder refuses at any time to close the sale, the deposit will be forfeited to Henderson County Public Schools. The deposits of other bidders will be returned at the time the Governing Board awards the property to the highest responsible bidder.
6. Open House is scheduled as follows:
Date: Monday, September 17, 2018
Time: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: West Henderson High School
3600 Haywood Road
Hendersonville, N.C. 28791
All interested bidders are encouraged to attend this visit as it will be the only time the tiny house will be available for viewing.
7. The awarded bidder will have 30 days from the date of notice of award to pay the remaining balance in full and remove the tiny house from the premises of Henderson County Public Schools.
8. The Governing Board reserves the right to withdraw the property from sale at any time and the right to reject all bids.
9. Any inquiries should be directed to Dr. Wendy Frye, Director of High Schools at 697-4989.