Are you interested in attending
Henderson County Early College?
HCEC is not a traditional high school.
Students who attend HCEC will graduate in five years with a high school diploma and an opportunity to earn a two-year associate degree with transferable credits to a four-year university.
Students interested in attending must complete an application and be accepted to HCEC. Students who attend HCEC must be willing to accept the responsibility for their academic growth in a rigorous environment and have the potential to succeed in college classes with the support of a caring faculty.
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year can be picked up at our main office in the Parkhill Building located at 300 East Campus Drive, Flat Rock NC 28731 or contact Ms. Willingham via email email@example.com for an electronic copy.
We are located at 300 East Campus Drive, Flat Rock, N.C. 28731 in the Innovative High Schools building. We are located in the Parkhill building.
We will have middle school student and parent visits at the middle schools beginning in January 2019. The deadline for student applications to their school counselors will be February 15, 2019 and will be due to Early College on February 22, 2019. Notification of accepted applications will be May 3, 2019.
8th Grade Presentations for the following schools are as follows:
- Immaculata Catholic School, January 23, 2019 at 8:55 a.m.
- Flat Rock Middle School, January 23, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
- Apple Valley Middle School, January 24, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
- Rugby Middle School, January 22, 2019 at 12:50 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- Hendersonville Middle School, January 29, 2019 at 9:10 a.m.
- HCEC Parent Information Session and Campus Tour will be on February 7, 2019 time to be
- Prospective student interviews will be on March 21, 2019, beginning at 4:00 p.m.
Student interviews are an essential piece of the application process and in order to be considered you must attend. Parents are invited to attend as well.
Each time frame will last approximately 1 hour. If you have any issues with your scheduled time, please call the Early College.
If you pass Step 1 of our application process, you will be ask to come to a Student Interview Night, notification date to be announced.