Are you interested in attending
Henderson County Early College?
HCEC is not a traditional high school.
Students who attend HCEC will graduate in five years with a high school diploma and an opportunity to earn a two-year associate degree with transferable credits to a four-year university.
Students interested in attending must complete an application and be accepted to HCEC. Students who attend HCEC must be willing to accept the responsibility for their academic growth in a rigorous environment and have the potential to succeed in college classes with the support of a caring faculty.
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be available January 13, 2020 in the front office or contact Mandi Willingham at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sherry Heath at email@example.com for an electronic copy.
We are located at 300 East Campus Drive, Flat Rock, N.C. 28731 in the Innovative High Schools building. We are located in the Parkhill building.
We will have middle school student and parent visits at the middle schools beginning in January 2020. The deadline for student applications to their school counselors will be February 14, 2020 and will be due to Early College on February 21, 2020. Notification of accepted applications will be by May 1, 2020.
8th Grade Presentations for the following schools are as follows:
- Mountain Community School, Thursday, January 22, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
- Flat Rock Middle School, Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:15 a.m.
- Immaculata Catholic School, Wednesday, January 23, 2020 at 2:00 p.m
- Apple Valley Middle School, Friday, January 24, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
- Hendersonville Middle School, Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
- Rugby Middle School, Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
- HCEC Parent Information Session and Campus Tour will be Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
- Prospective student interviews will be on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Student interviews are an essential piece of the application process and in order to be considered you must attend. Parents are invited to attend as well.
Each time frame will last approximately 1 hour. If you have any issues with your scheduled time, please call the Early College.
If you pass Step 1 of our application process, you will be asked to come to a Student Interview Night. Notification will be by Friday, February 28, 2020.