Are you interested in attending
Henderson County Early College?
HCEC is not a traditional high school.
Students who attend HCEC will graduate in five years with a high school diploma and an opportunity to earn a two-year associate degree with transferable credits to a four-year university.
Students interested in attending must complete an application and be accepted to HCEC. Students who attend HCEC must be willing to accept the responsibility for their academic growth in a rigorous environment and have the potential to succeed in college classes with the support of a caring faculty.
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year will be available soon in the front office or contact Mandi Willingham at email@example.com or Sherry Heath at firstname.lastname@example.org for an electronic copy.
We are located at 300 East Campus Drive, Flat Rock, N.C. 28731 in the Innovative High Schools building. We are located in the Parkhill building.
Recruitment sessions will be held for the middle schools. Sessions will be scheduled for January 2023, exact dates and times will be listed below for each school.
The deadline for student applications to their school counselors will be February 16, 2023.
8th Grade Presentations will be scheduled as follows and will include Q and A sessions.
- Flat Rock Middle School, Wednesday, January 18, 2023 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Immaculata Catholic School, TBD
- Mountain Community School, Tuesday, January 24, 2023 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Apple Valley Middle School, Thursday, January 26, 2023 9:10 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
- Hendersonville Middle School, Thursday, January 19, 2023 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Rugby Middle School, Monday, January 23, 2023 8:10 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.
- HCEC Open House February 7, 2023 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Prospective student interviews will be scheduled March 30, 2023 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Student interviews TBD
Student interviews are an essential piece of the application process and in order to be considered you must attend.
Each time frame will last approximately 1 hour. If you have any issues with your scheduled time, please call the Early College.
If you pass Step 1 of our application process, you will be asked to come to a Student Interview Night.