Car Rider Safety
Traffic on Butler Bridge Road is very heavy in the mornings and afternoons. Please plan your departure time from home so that you will be able to have your child at school no later than 7:55. Car riders should plan to be at school between 7:30 am and 7:55 am. Please plan your pick up time between 3:00 pm and 3:30 pm.
- Unload by the curb on the office side of the building.
- Allow your child to get out of the car only when you are in one of the designated unloading spaces.
- Be ready to unload immediately. Money and instructions, etc. should be taken care of BEFORE you arrive in the drop off area.
- Visitor parking is limited, and is located at the office end of the building. Do NOT park in the bus parking lot near the gym. It is UNLAWFUL for cars to be in the bus parking area. All students should enter through the front doors for safety and security reasons.
- Help your child to gain experience and independence of walking to class alone as soon as possible. Adults monitoring the front door and walkways will assist them.
- Students eating breakfast should arrive by 7:40 a.m.
- Students arriving before 7:30 a.m. will need to enroll in PSAM. Students arriving between 7:30 – 7:50a.m. will be supervised in the gym.
- Staff will begin calling names for car rider dismissal at 3:00 p.m. Please follow directions from staff in the car rider line/s. All cars pull into two lines at 3:00 p.m. and pull all the way forward.
- Please have your lime green card in the dash of your car for staff to clearly see the name/s to call. We will not release students to the vehicle without this name card in the vehicle dash.
- The students sit inside with their grade levels and listen for their name. After their name is called the students will come out of the school and load into their vehicles.
- NO CAR IS TO MOVE until the all clear signal has been given by a staff member. Your child’s safety is our utmost concern, so please follow the procedure.
If you have remaining questions about arrival or dismissal, you may call the school at 828-654-3225.