Just Announced Volunteer Opportunities …
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- “Hands On!” is a children’s gallery where learning comes into play. Volunteers are needed Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. “Hands On!” is located at 318 Main Street in downtown Hendersonville. You may contact Ms. Leah Jones, Visitor Services Coordinator, at (828) 697-8333.
- Students can contact Hospice, Salvation Army, Local Animal Shelters, Ministry 7 and other nonprofit organizations to gain service hours.
- Food pantry at Fletcher Calvary Episcopal Church every Saturday 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- The Rescue Mission – Organize clothing closet, help at front desk, serve meals, maintenance, music for chapel, lead devotions, assist in clinic, (828) 697-1354.
- Open Arms Crisis Pregnancy Center – yard work, donate clothing/baby items, organize clothing closet, help with clerical needs, (828) 692-7935.
- Safelight, Inc. – sorting donations, front desk help, maintenance, thrift store volunteer, childcare assistance for specific days/times, (828) 693-3840.
- The Storehouse – help at front desk, prepare food boxes, organize pantry and clothing, cleaning, (828) 692-8300.
- The Medical Loan Closet of Henderson County is always looking for volunteers, if you are interested in volunteering call or email Bill Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org, 828-692-9005
- The Books For Good needs volunteers for the 2017 Apple Festival. For more information and schedule please go to Books For Good you may also contact email@example.com
You may contact Mandi Willingham, HCEC School Counselor, at (828) 697-4561.
You may click below to print a copy of the “Service Hours 2017-2018” form to record student volunteer hours. Ten hours per year are required.