Welcome to Henderson County Early College! HCEC offers a student-centered, rigorous academic community that allows students to be creative, resilient and independent while developing a strong sense of global awareness and community service. As we journey on the 2020-2021 school year together, we want to help students and families know where to find helpful information and resources.
HCEC is housed at Blue Ridge Community College on the Henderson County Campus. All offices and classrooms for the high school are located in the Innovative High Schools (IHS) building.
All visitors will use the front entrance on East Campus Drive for help, tours of the school, or to drop off or pick up students during the school day.
The goals of the Early College are to provide:
- An opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma and two years of college credit; usually takes five years
- A powerful learning experience for all students, fueled by dedicated teachers
- Individualized attention for each student helping him/her maximize individual academic, personal and social development
- An educational learning community where teachers and students build strong academic relationships and work together toward common goals
- An opportunity for students to impact their community through service learning
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM-3:30 PM
Address: 300 East Campus Drive, Flat Rock, NC 28731
Phone: (828) 697-4561
Fax: (828) 697-4564
Mission: HCEC provides a personalized, goal-oriented, rigorous educational program. Our unique environment allows us to truly know our students so that we may help them define and reach their college, career and life goals.
Vision: Inspiring Success!
School Colors: Navy and silver