Welcome to Hendersonville Elementary School!
Home of the Cubcats
Elementary Mission Statement:
At Hendersonville Elementary we will be:
Honorable in character,
Engaged in learning, and
Successful each day!
HES takes pride in the nurturing academic and social environment we offer to children. As a flex-schedule school, we have the opportunity to provide year-round learning, celebrating the seasons as your child grows and learns! Hendersonville Elementary fully institutes the Common Core Standards for reading and math, and the NC Essential Standards for science and social studies. We seek to provide a variety of learning opportunities to support your child’s learning. Our goal is for students to successfully grow in all areas, to develop into self assured, self confident, and self reliant citizens. We are committed to maintaining strong parent school communication as a primary means of supporting your child’s learning experience. Hendersonville Elementary has a tradition of success!
I am proud to serve as principal of Hendersonville Elementary School and look forward to a wonderful year!
Facts about Mrs. Stewart:
- Administrative Certificate – Western Carolina University
- Master of Education – Appalachian State University
- Bachelor of Music Education – Mars Hill College
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Taught at Johnson Co. High School, TN, Asheville Middle/High School, and Hendersonville Elementary School
- Adjunct professor for Appalachian State, Instructional Coach for HES, Dana, Etowah, and Clear Creek elementary schools
- Assistant Principal at Hendersonville High School
- Family – Husband (Joe), 3 stepdaughters, 2 sons and 5 grandkids and a dog
- Favorite Activities – being with family, hiking, fishing, music, horseback riding
- Favorite place to be besides home – Hendersonville Elementary