Home of the Mighty Cubcats
Where Excellence Begins
A Flex Quarter School
Education for All Seasons
For more information about applying to come to HES click How To Become A Cubcat.
At HES we are Honorable in character, Engaged in learning and Successful each day!
We will provide a solid academic foundation for each child. We will encourage and empower students to achieve their academic best while emphasizing respectfulness and responsibility for success in life.
- STEM School of Distinction
- NC Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Exemplar School 2012-15
- Honor School of Excellence 2003-2011
- School of Excellence 2000-2003
- 2007 No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon School
- Lego Robotic Team 1st Place in Presentation 2014, 2015
Curriculum and Instruction:
Hendersonville Elementary provides a well rounded instructional program which fully implements the NC standards and Common Core Curriculum.
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) Project Based Learning – 21st century skill set
- Skills- Creativity, Collaboration, Critical thinking, Communication
- Integration of school wide STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Units
- Daily non-fiction and fiction reading
- Writing across all academics
- Problem solving
- Fountas and Pinnell
- Math Investigations
- Jr. Great Books
- MTSS -7 Habits of Happy Kids
Other Wonderful Facts
- HES is the only school in Western North Carolina to receive recognition as a Prepared STEM School of Distinction
- The HES PTO is actively involved in many special programs supporting our school. All parents are encouraged to join and be involved
- Volunteers are an important part of Hendersonville Elementary. We rely on community and parents volunteers who donate their time and talents to enhance the learning process.
- Our business partner is Park Ridge Hospital.
- Nine National Board Certified Teachers
- Tier 3 Team for Student Support
- Academically Gifted Teacher
- Exceptional Child Program
- Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapists
- ESL Teacher
- School Health Nurse
- School psychologist/counselor
- Literacy Room
- IPad, Chromebook, and laptop mobile carts
- Smartboards in every classrooms
- E-readers available for checkout from library
Hendersonville Elementary School was originally the Hendersonville Middle Grade School for grades four, five and six and was built in 1972. In 1990 Hendersonville Middle Grade School piloted a year-round program. In 1993 the Henderson County Schools and Hendersonville City Schools merged and Hendersonville Middle Grade become Hendersonville Elementary, serving students in kindergarten through fifth grade with a year-round schedule. Hendersonville Elementary is unique in that it is the only non-district school in the county. Parents enter a lottery to enroll their children in this program. Transportation is only provided to students living in the Bruce Drysdale Elementary school district, all other children must provide their own transportation.
Kerry Stewart, Principal
Shelley Cagle, Data Manager
Doris Jones, Receptionist
1039 Randall Circle
Hendersonville, NC 28791
(828) 698-6125 FAX