The School Nurses’ mission is to reduce health barriers that allow students to achieve optimum learning. Services include the following:
- Develop and implement plans for emergency medical assistance for students and staff
- Prevent and respond to communicable disease outbreaks
- Supervise specialized medical procedures and associated health teaching for students with medical conditions
- Assure that mandated health related activities are completed
- Manage medication administration in schools
- Provide health screenings such as vision
- Triage illness and injuries
Please do not send your child to school if he/she has a fever, lice, pink eye, or any other obvious illness. In the event that your child becomes ill at school, we will take their temperature. In the event of a fever, you will be contacted to pick up your child.
Allergies and Other Medical Conditions
Please contact the school nurse if your child has a medical condition we need to know about. Access medical forms you will need to fill out if your child needs an allergy, asthma or seizure plan.
Medication Administration at School
No staff member, not even the school nurse, is allowed to give medicine to a child without proper authorization. Access the district Student Health site to find a Request for Medication Administration form.
Please feel free contact our school nurse, Hannah Parks, if you have any further questions and/or concerns.