Good evening Glenn Marlow families!
What an awesome week we had last week, with our Marlow PTO and parents showing so much love and appreciation for our teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week.
Thank you to all that contributed to the food, the festivities, and the fun! It was awesome, and we definitely felt the love. #MarlowParentsROCK!
This week is Field Day Week! K-2 classes will be enjoying Field Day tomorrow, and our 3-5 classes will have it on Wednesday. We are looking forward to having a great time, with great weather (fingers crossed), and in advance, want to thank all of the parent volunteers that come out to help put these days on. Mr. Vaughn has done a great job leading this event… It will be an awesome time for everyone!
And with that, there are now only two (2) school Mondays left in the 2022 – 2023 school year.
With Mustang Pride,
In this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- GMES Spirit Night at Luv Ice Cream – Thursday, May 25th
- Library Books, Lunch Charges, and Chromebooks, oh my!
- Marlow Field Days
- Summer Sport Camps at West Henderson High School
- End of Year Assessments
- What happening the rest of the school year?
- Need to look around? Never fear, Lost and Found is here!
GMES Spirit Night at Luv’s Ice Cream on Thursday, May 25th
From 3 pm till close, join us at Luv’s Ice Cream at 5591 Hendersonville Road (Corner or Butler Bridge Road and Highway 25), and a portion of your proceeds will go back to GMES!
Hope to see you there!
Library books, lunch charges, and Chromebooks, oh my!
As we approach the end of the year, please take note of the following dates:
All Library Books (Overdue or Not) returned: Friday, June 2nd
All Cafeteria Lunch Charges paid: Friday, June 6th
All Chromebooks returned: Thursday, June 5th
Marlow Field Days
Always two of the best days of the year are the Marlow Field Days! This year, the Field Day schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, May 16th: Kindergarten, First, Second Grade(s), Ms. Roberts’ class
- Wednesday, May 17th: Third, Fourth, Fifth Grade(s), Ms. Jones’ class
- Thursday/Friday, May 18th/19th: Rain dates, if needed.
This year, Field Day packets are being sent out electronically. Please see the links below. If you would like to help volunteer either one or both days, please click on the links within the packet to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact our PE Teacher, Mr. Bryan Vaughn, here at school (firstname.lastname@example.org)
English: Field Day packet
Spanish: Field Day packet
These are two fantastic days that are only possible with the leadership of Mr. Vaughn, our PTO, and our parent volunteers. Thank you for making this a memorable day for all our Buckaroos!
Summer Youth Athletic Camps at West Henderson High School
With summer right around the corner, Summer Sport Camps are opening up their registration. Please see the links below for Summer Sport Camps being offered at West Henderson High School this summer:
West Henderson Summer Youth Athletic Camps
West Henderson Boys Basketball Camp
End of Year Assessments (EOG Schedule for 3rd-5th Graders)
Here is the end of year assessment schedule for all students, include the EOG schedule for our 3rd-5th graders:
- May 1 – May 19: iReady EoY Diagnostic Window (All students)
- May 9th – May 30th: mClass EoY Window (KI – G3 students)
- Friday, May 26th: G5 Science EOG (G5 students)
- Wednesday, May 31st: EOG Administration
- G3 / G4 Administer to HomeRooms (ELA/Math)
- G5 – Math EOG
Thursday, June 1st – EOG Administration
- G3 / G4 Administer to HomeRooms (ELA/Math)
- G5 – ELA EOG
Friday, June 2nd – ELA MTS / Any Make-ups
Monday / Tuesday, June 5/6 – Any Make-ups
Wednesday, June 7th – G3 RtA Re-test
During these times, please make every effort to have your child here, and ready to take their assessment. If for some reason they must be out, please communicate with your child’s teacher and we will determine next course of action from there.
In advance, thank you!
What’s Happening the Rest of the School Year?
- May 1st – May 19th — iReady EoY Diagnostic Window
- May 9th – May 30th – mClass EoY Window (KI – G3)
- Tuesday, May 16th – Field Day for K-2 students!
- Wednesday, May 17th – Field Day for 3-5 students!
- May 18/19 – Field Day rain dates, if necessary
- Monday, May 29th – Memorial Day Holiday – No School for Students
- Friday, June 2nd – End-of-Year Celebration Assembly – 1:30 pm Gym
- Wednesday, June 7th – KI Graduation – 10 am
- Thursday, June 8th – 3rd/4th Grade Honor Roll Recognition – 5:30 pm
- Friday, June 9th – Last day of school! (noon dismissal)
- 5th Grade Graduation – 8:30 am
Need to look around? Never fear, lost and found is here!
With these chilly mornings and warm afternoons, our Lost and Found continues to grow with reckless abound!
We ask students frequently to please make sure that they are keeping track of their jackets, sweat shirts, hats, water bottles, and everything in between during the course of the day.
Parents – Best practice is to be sure that your child’s name is written somewhere inside the clothing.
Parents are free to come anytime to look through our Lost and Found, located by the Gym entrance. Thanks so much for your help.