Good evening Glenn Marlow families!
It was another magnificent Monday at Marlow today, as we kicked off Teacher / Staff Appreciation Week with an awesome “Parfait Bar” this morning, with our amazing teachers and staff enjoying breakfast to start their day. It was delicious! Thank you, Marlow PTO!
Students and parents, continue all this week showing your appreciation for our teachers and staff, and what they do each and every day.
In fact, tomorrow is “Dress Like Your Teacher’ Day! Have some fun with that, and show that appreciation by dressing like your teacher.
A big shout-out to Ms. Roberts and Ms. Jones’ EC classes, who did such a great job at the HC Special Olympics last Friday. They were true champions and were great representatives of Marlow Elementary! We had a great send-off for them Friday morning. See pictures below.
Fun fact: After today, only three (3) Mondays remain in the school year! Can you feel the excitement?
With Mustang Pride,
In this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Q4 Midterms
- Marlow Field Days
- Summer Sport Camps at West Henderson High School
- End of Year Assessments
- What happening the rest of the school year?
- Need to look around? Never fear, Lost and Found is here!
Q4 Midterms Distributed/Made Available: Tuesday, May 9th
It is hard to believe that 4th Quarter midterms will be distributed / made available this week, Tuesday, May 9th. K-2 students and parents will receive a paper copy of the midterms, and 3-5 students will have their midterm available online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Please take this time to talk with your child about his or her academic progress, your plans for continued success, upcoming class assignments, and strategies to improve performance as we prepare for your child’s achievement throughout the year.
Grades 3-5 parents, if you are having trouble logging into the Parent Portal, please contact Jo Pittman, our Marlow Data Manager, here at school for further assistance.
Marlow Field Days
Always two of the best days of the year are the Marlow Field Days! This year, the Field Day schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, May 16th – Kindergarten, First, Second Grade(s), Ms. Roberts’ class
Wednesday, May 17th – Third, Fourth, Fifth Grade(s), Ms. Jones’ class
Thursday / Friday, May 18th/19th — Rain dates, if needed.
This year, Field Day packets are being sent out electronically. Please see the links below. If you would like to help volunteer either one or both days, please click on the links within the packet to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact our PE Teacher, Mr. Bryan Vaughn, here at school (email@example.com)
These are two fantastic days that are only possible with the leadership of Mr. Vaughn, our PTO, and our parent volunteers. Thank you for making this a memorable day for all our Buckaroos!
Summer Youth Athletic Camps at West Henderson High School
With summer right around the corner, Summer Sport Camps are opening up their registration. Please see the links below for Summer Sport Camps being offered at West Henderson High School this summer:
West Henderson Summer Youth Athletic Camps
West Henderson Boys Basketball Camp
EOY Assessments (EOG Schedule for 3rd-5th graders)
Here is the end of year assessment schedule for all students, include the EOG schedule for our 3rd-5th graders:
- May 1 – May 19: iReady EoY Diagnostic Window (All students)
- May 9th – May 30th: mClass EoY Window (KI – G3 students)
- Friday, May 26th: G5 Science EOG (G5 students)
- Wednesday, May 31st: EOG Administration
- G3 / G4 Administer to HomeRooms (ELA/Math)
- G5 – Math EOG
Thursday, June 1st – EOG Administration
- G3 / G4 Administer to HomeRooms (ELA/Math)
- G5 – ELA EOG
Friday, June 2nd: ELA MTS / Any Make-ups
Monday / Tuesday, June 5/6: Any Make-ups
Wednesday, June 7th: G3 RtA Re-test
During these times, please make every effort to have your child here, and ready to take their assessment. If for some reason they must be out, please communicate with your child’s teacher and we will determine next course of action from there.
In advance, thank you!
What’s Happening the Rest of the School Year?
- May 1st – May 19th: iReady EoY Diagnostic Window
- May 8th – 12th: Teacher Appreciation Week!
- May 9th – May 30th: mClass EoY Window (KI – G3)
- Tuesday, May 9th: Q4 Midterms Distributed / Made Available
- Tuesday, May 16th: Field Day for K-2 students!
- Wednesday, May 17th: Field Day for 3-5 students!
- May 18/19: Field Day rain dates, if necessary
- Monday, May 29th: Memorial Day Holiday – No School for Students
- Friday, June 2nd: End-of-Year Celebration Assembly – 1:30 pm Gym
- Wednesday, June 7th: KI Graduation – 10 am
- Thursday, June 8th: 3rd/4th Grade Honor Roll Recognition – 5:30 pm
- Friday, June 9th: Last day of school! (noon dismissal)
- 5th Grade Graduation – 8:30 am