Good evening, Marlow families!
Welcome May! Kinda wish it was a little warmer this morning for the first day of May, but nonetheless, it was another great day at Marlow Elementary.
I want to give a big shout-out to Ms. Dina Waxman, our Media Coordinator, for organizing and facilitating a fantastic Spring Book Fair. In total, just a shade over $14,000 in sales was calculated for the week….That is outstanding! Thank you to all who came out to help, shop, and support our school. It was a great success!
Next week is Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week! All next week, we are asking our students and parents to show how much we appreciate all the Glenn Marlow teachers and staff. Please join me in saying ‘thank you’ for all that you do each and every day. They truly make a difference the lives of all our students, and are integral part at making Glenn Marlow the amazing school it is today!
Of course, please keep in tune to all of the end of year events, activities, parties, trips, and graduations that are coming up from now until June 9th. This is such a wonderful time of the school year, as we celebrate our students, your children, and all their hard work this year. They have earned it!
With Mustang Pride,
In this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- End of Year Assessments (New!)
- Marlow Field Days (New!)
- Attention 5th Grade parents!
- What’s happening the rest of the school year?
- Need to look around? Never fear, Lost and Found is here!
End-of-Year Assessments (EOG Schedule for 3rd-5th Graders
Here is the end of year assessment schedule for all students, include the EOG schedule for our 3rd-5th graders:
- May 1 – May 19: iReady EoY Diagnostic Window (All students)
- May 9th – May 30th: mClass EoY Window (KI – G3 students)
- Friday, May 26th: G5 Science EOG (G5 students)
- Wednesday, May 31st: EOG Administration
- G3 / G4 Administer to HomeRooms (ELA/Math)
- G5: Math EOG
- Thursday, June 1st: EOG Administration
- G3 / G4 Administer to HomeRooms (ELA/Math)
- G5: ELA EOG
- Friday, June 2nd: ELA MTS / Any Make-ups
- Monday / Tuesday, June 5/6th: Any Make-ups
- Wednesday, June 7th: G3 RtA Re-test
During these times, please make every effort to have your child here, and ready to take their assessment. If for some reason they must be out, please communicate with your child’s teacher and we will determine next course of action from their.
In advance, thank you!
Marlow Field Days
Always two of the best days of the year are the Marlow Field Days! This year, the Field Day schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, May 16th: Kindergarten, First, Second Grade(s), Ms. Roberts’ class
- Wednesday, May 17th: Third, Fourth, Fifth Grade(s), Ms. Jones’ class
- Thursday / Friday, May 18th/19th: Rain dates, if needed.
This year, Field Day packets are being sent out electronically. Please see the links below. If you would like to help volunteer either one or both days, please click on the links within the packet to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact our PE Teacher, Mr. Bryan Vaughn, here at school (firstname.lastname@example.org)
These are two fantastic days that are only possible with the leadership of Mr. Vaughn, our PTO, and our parent volunteers. Thank you for making this a memorable day for all our Buckaroos!
Attention 5th Grade Parents!
As a rising 6th grade student at Rugby Middle School, your child will have the opportunity to participate in middle school sports, cheerleading, band, strings, and so much more! Please see the links below to find out information about sign-ups.
Happening in May:
Sports Physicals: All student athletes must have a sports physical on file. Pardee Sports Medicine is offering them for free.
Cheerleading: If you are interested in trying out for Fall Cheerleading, please see the Fall Cheerleading Flyer.
What’s Happening the Rest of the School Year?
- May 1st – May 19th: iReady EoY Diagnostic Window
- May 8th – 12th: Teacher Appreciation Week!
- May 9th – May 30th: mClass EoY Window (KI – G3)
- Tuesday, May 9th: Q4 Midterms Distributed / Made Available
- Tuesday, May 16th: Field Day for K-2 students!
- Wednesday, May 17th: Field Day for 3-5 students!
- May 18/19th: Field Day rain dates, if necessary
- Monday, May 29th: Memorial Day Holiday, No School for Students
- Friday, June 2nd: End-of-Year Celebration Assembly – 1:30 pm Gym
- Wednesday, June 7th: KI Graduation – 10am
- Thursday, June 8th: 3rd/4th Grade Honor Roll Recognition – 5:30 pm
- Friday, June 9th: Last day of school! (Noon dismissal)
- 5th Grade Graduation – 8:30 am