Good evening Marlow families!
I hope everyone enjoyed another fabulous weekend here in WNC! The leaves are really starting to show some color, and the temperatures are definitely getting chilly. And with the Fall season in full gear, our amazing Marlow PTO is gearing up for our annual Pumpkin Lighting Festival! Always a wonderful school and community event, this years Pumpkin Lighting will be held on Thursday, October 27th, from 5:30 pm – 8 pm.
Food, games, hay rides, s’mores, raffle baskets, and hallway decorations fill our campus for all to come and enjoy. More information on raffle tickets, food available, and much more coming soon. Stay tuned, but go ahead and mark your calendars!
Flu Clinics for HCPS Students
- Henderson County Department of Public Health School Nurses will be offering injectable flu vaccines at the five high schools this week and next.
Flu is very contagious, and students can be sick with the flu for a week or more, which may cause them to miss school. I would encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to have your child vaccinated.
- Drive thru flu clinics will be at the following locations and times:
- North Henderson High on Oct 10 from 3:30 – 6:00pm.
- Innovative High School on Oct 11 from 3:00 – 5:30pm
- Hendersonville High on Oct 12 from 3:30 – 6:00pm
- West Henderson on Oct 17 from 3:30 – 6:00pm
- East Henderson on Oct 18 from 3:30 – 6:00pm
- To access more information, go to the Henderson County Flu webpage, then click on School Vaccine Clinics.
- Insurance will be filed for Medicaid, Health Choice, BCBS-NC, MedCost and United Healthcare. If you have any questions, contact Nurse Krista Nelson here at school, 828-654-3225.
October is “Sock-tober” for the Marlow K-Kids!
- The Marlow K-Kids (Kiwanis Kids Club) is sponsoring a Sock Drive all this month to benefit the Salvation Army of Hendersonville. All October, students can bring in new pairs of socks (small, large, colorful, plain… it doesn’t matter, as long as they are new!) and place them in the bins that will be placed in each hallway.
- At the end of the month, the K-Kids will deliver them to the Salvation Army in Hendersonville. Make a donation and join this great cause for Sock-tober!
Christmas Assistance Program
- Do you anticipate needing holiday assistance this year for your family? Every year, HCPS partners with the Storehouse to provide families in need with holiday support. To participate, please join us this Friday, October 14th any time from 8:00-5:30 at Grace Lutheran Church to sign up! Can’t make it on the 14th? Please contact Rachel Malmgren at firstname.lastname@example.org to hear about other sign up locations happening this week.
- Families may choose to participate in the Angel Tree Program through the Salvation Army instead, with sign ups happening October 10-13th from 9 am-12 and 1-4 pm or October 13th from 5-7:30 pm. Thank you!
Beginning-of-Year Assessment Information for Parents
- Parents, please read the Beginning-Of-Year Assessment letter with information regarding Beginning-of-Year Assessments for our students, and what was completed during the month of September.
It’s a bird… It’s a plane… No…it’s the Lost and Found!
- With these chilly mornings and warm afternoons, our Lost and Found is growing exponentially!
- We ask students frequently to please make sure that they are keeping track of their jackets, sweat shirts, hats, water bottles, and everything in between during the course of the day.
- Parents, best practice is to be sure that your child’s name is written somewhere inside the clothing.
- Parents are free to come anytime to look through our Lost and Found, located by the Gym entrance. Thanks so much for your help.
School Breakfast and Lunch Forms
- Parents, please do not forget to turn in your Free and Reduced lunch forms, if you see fit. Not only do these forms provide eligible families free and reduced breakfast and lunches, but they also help secure federal funding for our school to help pay for teachers, tutors, and instructional resources for our students.
- Just click on this School Lunch Application Form webpage. The link may also be reached through the HCPS website, click on the Apple “Menu” icon, choose “Home” click on “Meal Applications” icon and then click on the Lunch Application icon.
- Even if you know that your child will never eat a school lunch, completing this application will of great assistance to our school.
Important Dates to Remember
- October 3 – October 31: Marlow K-Kids “Sock-tober” Collection
- October 19 – October 27th: G3 – G5 Q1 NC Check-In window
- October 21st – Marlow Spirit Fan Day! (wear gear supporting your favorite sports team)
- October 27th: Pumpkin Lighting! 5:30 pm – 8 pm
- October 28th: No school for students (Required Teacher Workday)
Thank you in advance for your help!
Thanks so much!
Have a great week, and thank you for all that you do!
With Mustang Pride,