Good evening, Marlow families!
What a great week we had last week! A big Marlow Shout-Out to all of the Marlow families that packed out Chick-fil-A last Tuesday for GMES Spirit Night (there were rumblings of a record sales night that night), and then finishing off the week with an awesome Marlow Movie Night on Friday evening. Not to mention, all of the hard work that was taking place during the week – active student engagement, participation, and learning– it was a great week to be a Marlow Mustang! Let’s keep up the great work!
Have a great week, and thank you for all that you do!
Q1 Midterms Distributed/Made Available This Thursday!
- It is hard to believe that 1st Quarter midterms will be distributed / made available this week, Thursday, September 29th. K-2 students and parents will receive a paper copy of the midterms, and 3-5 students will have their midterm available online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Please take this time to talk with your child about his or her academic progress, your plans for continued success, upcoming class assignments, and strategies to improve performance as we prepare for your child’s achievement throughout the year.
- Grades 3-5 parents, if you are having trouble logging into the Parent Portal, please contact Jo Pittman, our Marlow Data Manager, here at school for further assistance.
Fall Picture Day: Wednesday, October 5th
- Fall Picture Day is coming! Fall Picture Day is coming! Next Wednesday, October 5th, Lifetouch will be here for Fall pictures. Order forms are being sent home this week, so please take advantage of this opportunity to order your pictures, as a portion of all picture sales goes right back to Glenn Marlow Elementary School. Picture order forms must be paid in full on the Picture Day or, orders can be made online at the Lifetouch website.
Attention 4th and 5th Grade Students and Parents!
- Thanks to a grant awarded to Henderson County Public Schools, our STEM Committee is excited to announce the beginning of our very own Robotics Club!
- Starting October 17, the Robotics Club is open to 4th and 5th grade students only. Interested G4 and G5 students must submit a completed application by Friday, September 30. The applications will be available through 4th grade teachers, Ms. Whiting and Ms. Young, 5th Grade teacher, Ms. Wike, and 2nd Grade teacher, Ms. Patton.
- Please reach out to Mrs. Patton via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Flu Clinic for HCPS Students
- The Henderson County Health Department will be holding flu vaccine clinics on the dates listed below. They will be drive thru clinics like last year. The clinics will run from 3:30-6pm. Adults and children will be vaccinated at these events.
- Monday, October 10: NHHS
- Tuesday, October 11: Innovative HS
- Wednesday, October 12: HHS
- Monday, October 17: WHHS
- Tuesday, October 18: EHHS
- Mark your calendars! Registration forms will be made available soon, and we will get them out to you.
Morning Car Rider Line Reminders
- A reminder to our morning car riders:
- We would like to ask our Marlow families please be “good neighbors” to Aletheia Academy Childcare next door and leave their entrance “unblocked” during drop-off and pick-up. This will allow their families, staff, and any emergency vehicles, if ever needed, access in and out of their center. They will appreciate this kind and thoughtful courtesy very much!
- To keep things running smooth, please be sure that students are ready to exit the car as you pull up. If your child does need assistance getting out of the car, myself, Ms. Hogan, or Ms. Pittman are there to help. We are always looking for parents and volunteers to help us in the morning opening car doors (thank you, Mr. Spray and Ms. Hayden!). The more help we have, the smoother our drop-off line will run. No experience necessary, just park and come up on the curb to help. A good time is always had by all!
- If you see the blue sign come out on the sidewalk, that means that the 8:00am bell has rung. Parents, if this sign is out, you must park and bring your child inside to “sign-in” at the front office. Thank you for your help ensuring all our students get into the building safely!
Student Chromebook Charges
- Over these first few weeks of school, each Marlow student was issued a student Chromebook that will be used here at school, and taken home to be used as needed. Beginning in the 2022-2023 school year, you will be notified by the school and billed for any charges due to Chromebook damage, loss or unreturned devices. Specific details can be found in the updated Student Code of Conduct.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly. We appreciate your continued support of our students, and our school.
2022-2023 Marlow Yearbooks on Sale Now!
- This year, Marlow Elementary will be using Jostens to publish the 2022 – 2023 yearbook. You should have received an email from them last week about purchasing a yearbook, but if you did not (or unable to find it), visit the Jostens website.
- Yearbooks start at $25, and can be personalized to make it one-of-a-kind for your child(ren). Order yours today!
Marlow Backpack Food Drive
- Our Marlow BackPack Bunch is back up and running, and we need your help! Each month, the BackPack Bunch will be asking for food donations to keep our pantry stocked for the year.
- For the month of September, the BackPack Bunch Crew is accepting donations of breakfast items. So as not to get inundated by too much of the same thing, we are assigning specific items to each grade level:
- Kindergarten: pre-packaged muffin mixes
- 1st grade: cereal
- 2nd grade: pancake mixes
- 3rd grade: quick cooking rolled oats
- 4th grade: shelf stable milk
- 5th grade: instant and microwaveable cup oatmeal
- Please remember that donated food items should be in single serving boxes/packets (we’re not allowed to open larger boxes/containers to divide them up into smaller amounts unless they are prepackaged/individually wrapped.) Smaller boxes and containers are appreciated as the children have to carry their food bags home! Glass containers also cannot be accepted. Thank you so much!
Important Dates to Remember
- September 29th: Q1 Midterms Distributed / Made Available
- October 3 – October 28: Marlow K-Kids “Sock-tober” Collection
- October 5th: Fall Picture Day
- October 7th: Marlow Spirit Day! (wear your Blue and White)
With Marlow Pride,