Good evening, Marlow families!
We finished off Week 2 of the ’22-23 school year on Friday with our annual Kindergarten “HCPS Senior Class of 2035” t-shirt distribution. It was awesome, and our Kindergarten Buckaroos love their new shirts! Pictures were posted on Instagram and Twitter!
We also want to send a big shout-out to our amazing PTO for the yummy treat our staff received Friday afternoon! It was greatly appreciated!
We had a great day today to start the week, looking to continue that all week long, and celebrating Friday with a Marlow Spirit Day and Elementary Night at the WHHS Football game on Friday night.
In this week’s Marlow Monday Edition:
Have a great Monday, and thank you for all that you do!
9/16 — Elementary Night @ the WHHS Falcons Football Game
- This Friday night, September 16th, West Henderson High School will be hosting “Elementary Night” at their Varsity Football game vs. North Henderson High School. All Marlow Elementary students will have free admission to game, and get to run out onto the field before the game, just like the players! Be at the game around 6:45 for the pre-game festivities. Always a lot of fun, make plans to come out to WHHS next Friday night!
9/20 — GMES Spirit Night @ Chick-Fil-A on Airport Road
- Join us for Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A on Airport Road on September 20th from 5-8 pm. 10-20% of purchases made during this time will be donated back to our school!
From our Marlow PTO
- Marlow Spirit Day coming up this Friday, September 16th!
Since this Friday will be Elementary Night at the West Henderson High School football game, we are getting into fan mode with our very first Spirit Day of the year! What does that mean for our students? Come in Marlow spirit gear or simply dress in Blue/White the official colors of the Marlow Mustangs! School spirit will always put a bit of pep in our step so… Stand up and be counted if you love Glenn Marlow!
- “Box Tops for Education” is an easy way for our school to raise needed funds. We have a special referral code (LEEY04NE) that when used, gives extra points to our account. Invite all of your friends and family to use this code, and click Glenn C Marlow as the recipient. Online and digital receipts are also accepted – instruction are on the website and app.
- Don’t forget to also sign up with Ingles, Harris Teeter and Publix for Glenn C. Marlow, and AmazonSmile for Glenn Marlow PTO!
“Updated” Spirit Wear link
- The 2022 Marlow Spirit Wear link is now updated! We became aware that the previous link was experiencing some issues, so here is the updated one.
- Special thanks to Big Frog Custom T-shirts and More for their partnership. Order your Marlow spirit wear today!
Marlow Movie Night is returning!
- Yes, that’s right! After a few year hiatus, Marlow Movie Night is back!
Set your calendars for Friday, September 23rd for Marlow Movie Night. A flyer with online registration information and payment will be coming shortly!
- All funds raised from Movie Night will go right back to supporting our students, teachers, and staff. Stay tuned!
- From Ms. Jan Clark, faculty sponsor for the Marlow K-Kids…“Students in grades 3-5 who attended the K-Kids informational meeting need to return their permission and photo release form by Tuesday, September 13. The next K-Kids meeting will be Tuesday, September 20 from 3:00 a 4:15. Pick-up will be the car rider line at 4:15.”
Student Health Protocols
- Student health plays such a important role in the success of the child, our staff, the classroom, and your family. Our school nurse, Krista Nelson, is here at Marlow to ensure students remain safe and healthy, as well as to remove health barriers so that optimal learning can occur.
- Parents, please keep your child home if they have:
- Fever: temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Remember that a child must be fever free (without the use of fever-reducing medication) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Eyes: with thick mucus or pus draining from the eye or pink eye. With pink eye you may see a white or yellow discharge, matted eyelids after sleep, eye pain and/or redness. Your child must receive 24 hours of antibiotics and/or doctor approval before returning to school.
- Sore Throat with fever or swollen glands in the neck: Your child may return to school after 24 hours of antibiotic with strep throat.
- Diarrhea- three (3) or more watery stools in a 24-hour period, especially if the child acts or looks ill.
- Rash with fever or itching: Heat rashes and allergic reactions are not contagious.
- Chicken Pox: Children must stay at home for five (5) days after the onset of blisters, or until all pox are scabbed over and dry.
- If your child shows any of the above symptoms at school, it will be necessary to pick him/her up from school. If you have any questions, please call Nurse Krista at school.
HCPS Student Code of Conduct
- Please take a look at the HCPS Student Code of Conduct (Spanish version). Included are county and school expectations as it relates to:
- Dress Code
- Chromebook Expecations
- Bus Expectations, and
- Electronic Devices / Cellular Telephones.
- Take minute to read through this. If you have any questions, or would like a hard copy of the HCPS Student Code of Conduct, please do not hesitate to call the school.
Important Dates to remember
- September 13th: G3 ELA Beginning of Grade Test Administration
- September 16th: Marlow Spirit Day!
- WHHS Varsity Football vs. North Henderson (Elementary Night)
- September 20th: GMES Spirit Night @ Chick-fil-A (on Airport Road) 5pm-8pm
- September 29th: Q1 Midterms Distributed / Made Available
- October 5th: Fall Picture Day
- October 7th: Marlow Spirit Day! (Wear your Blue and White!)
School Contact Information
Glenn C. Marlow Elementary School
1985 Butler Bridge Road, Mills River, NC,USA
With Marlow Pride,