GOOOOOOD EVENING MARLOW FAMILIES!!!
I hope everyone enjoyed the 3-day, Labor Day holiday weekend and stayed dry from the rain. Whether you enjoyed the Apple Festival, the first full weekend of college football, or just some ‘R & R’ with the family, fall is always a special time of year here in the mountains.
And here we go… Get ready for Week #2 at GMES!! It will be really hard to beat how awesome Week #1 was, but I think we can do it. LET’S GO!!!
In this week’s Marlow Monday Edition:
- ’22-’23 – New to the Marlow Staff
- AM/PM Car Rider line / Transportation Changes
- Student Health Protocols
- Marlow Spirit Wear link is live!
- Lunch prices and Free/Reduced Lunch Forms
- HCPS Student Code of Conduct
- 9/20 — GMES Spirit Night @ Chick-Fil-A on Airport Road
- 9/16 — Elementary Night @ the WHHS Falcons Football Game
- Important Dates to remember
- School contact information
Have a great Monday, and thank you for all that you do!
With Marlow Pride,
’22-’23 – NEW TO THE MARLOW FAMILY
We would like to welcome the newest members to the Marlow Family for the 2022 – 2023 school year. In alphabetical order (by last name):
- Nicole Cantrell – 1st Grade Teacher
- Amber Folmar – 3rd Grade Teacher
- Lindsey Hill – KI Instructional Assistant
- Heather Jones – EC Intensive Intervention Teacher
- Kelli Leeper – EC Instructional Assistant
- Officer Caleb Moore – School Resource Officer
- Haley Roberts – EC Intensive Intervention Teacher
- Erin Smith – Kindergarten Teacher
- Sarah Van de Steeg — MTSS Support
We are so excited to have these new staff members apart of the Marlow family. WELCOME!
AM / PM CAR RIDER LINE — TRANSPORTATION CHANGES
Attention morning car riders! We are getting better every day with morning car rider line and getting all our students in building before the 8:00 bell rings. To keep things running smooth, please be sure that students are ready to exit the car as you pull up. If your child does need assistance getting out of the car, myself, Ms. Hogan, or Ms. Pittman are there to help. We are always looking for parents and volunteers to help us in the morning opening car doors (THANK YOU Mr. Spray, Ms. Hayden, and Ms. Haag!!). The more help we have, the smoother our drop-off line will run. No experience necessary, just park and come up on the curb to help. A good time is always had by all!!!
**FOR BOTH THE AM / PM (..on Butler Bridge Road)** –
We would like to ask our Marlow families please be “good neighbors” to Aletheia Academy Childcare next door and leave their entrance “unblocked” during drop-off and pick-up. This will allow their families, staff, and any emergency vehicles, if ever needed, access in and out of their center. They will appreciate this kind and thoughtful courtesy very much. Thank you!
**TRANSPORTATION CHANGES** –
Parents – Please be sure that you are notifying your child’s HR teacher if there are any PM transportation changes. If a change must happen during the school day, we ask that you call the office (before 2pm if possible) to ensure that we get the message to both the teacher and student.
Do not use the Class DoJo app to make a transportation change for your child. Please call the office, and we will see students get to the proper method home.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the school at 828-654-3225.
STUDENT HEALTH PROTOCOLS
Student health plays such a important role in the success of the child, our staff, the classroom, and your family. Our school nurse, Krista Nelson, is here at Marlow to ensure students remain safe and healthy, as well as to remove health barriers so that optimal learning can occur.
Parents, please keep your child home if they:
- Fever- temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Remember that a child must be fever free (without the use of fever-reducing medication) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Eyes- with thick mucus or pus draining from the eye or pink eye. With pink eye you may see a white or yellow discharge, matted eyelids after sleep, eye pain and/or redness. Your child must receive 24 hours of antibiotics and/or doctor approval before returning to school.
- Sore Throat with fever or swollen glands in the neck. Your child may return to school after 24 hours of antibiotic with strep throat.
- Diarrhea- three (3) or more watery stools in a 24-hour period, especially if the child acts or looks ill.
- Rash with fever or itching. Heat rashes and allergic reactions are not contagious.
- Chicken Pox-Children must stay at home for five (5) days after the onset of blisters, or until all pox are scabbed over and dry.
If your child shows any of the above symptoms at school, it will be necessary to pick him/her up from school. If you have any questions, please call Nurse Krista at school.
2022 MARLOW SPIRIT WEAR LINK IS LIVE!
The 2022 Marlow Spirit Wear link is now live, and ready for consumers! The link is: https://glennmarlow.itemorder.com/sale Special thanks to Big Frog Custom T-shirts and More for their partnership. Order your Marlow spirit wear today!!
2022 – 2023 BREAKFAST / LUNCH PRICES
As you may know, the Universal Free School Lunch program ended in August 2022, and for the 2022 – 2023 school year, school lunch prices will be the following:
- K-5 Lunch: $3.50
- K-12 Breakfast: $1.75
All students will be receiving a paper copy of the meal benefits application the first week of school. Families can also apply online at https://www.schoolnutritionandfitness.com/index.php?sid=1534551653073&page=lunchapps.
I encourage all of our families to apply for meal benefits, as your acceptance into this program helps you and provides federal dollars directly to Glenn Marlow Elementary School to help pay for teachers, tutors, and additional resources.
If you have any questions, please contact the HCPS Child Nutrition Dept at (828) 891-6310
HCPS STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Please see the link below for the HCPS Student Code of Conduct. Included are county and school expectations as it relates to:
- Dress Code
- Chromebook Expectations
- Bus Expectations, and
- Electronic Devices / Cellular Telephones.
Take minute to read through this. If you have any questions, or would like a hard copy of the HCPS Student Code of Conduct, please do not hesitate to call the school.
GMES SPIRIT NIGHT @ CHICK-FIL-A (ON AIRPORT ROAD)
130 Airport Road, Arden
September 20th, 2022
10%-20% of purchases made by Glenn Marlow families will be donated back to our school!
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH – ELEMENTARY NIGHT AT THE WEST HENDERSON VARISTY FOOTBALL GAME
An annual tradition, West Henderson High School will be hosting ‘Elementary Night’ at their Varsity Football game on Friday, September 16th. All Marlow Elementary students will get in free to game, and have the chance to run out onto the field before the game, just like the players!
Always a lot of fun, make plans to come out to WHHS next Friday night!!
FOLLOW US INSTAGRAM!! @GLENNMARLOWMUSTANGS
For up-to-date happenings, celebrations, and student and staff profiles!!!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER!!
- September 6th — Beginning of Year Assessments begin for iReady and mCLass
- September 13th – G3 ELA Beginning of Grade Test Administration
- September 16th – WHHS Varsity Football vs. North Henderson (Elementary Night)
- September 20th – GMES Spirit Night @ Chick-fil-A (on Airport Road) 5pm-8pm
- September 29th – Q1 Midterms Distributed / Made Available
- October 5th – Fall Picture Day