Below are community resources that are continuing to serve families through the coronavirus pandemic. Some have changed their operating procedures, so please read closely and reference this document for updates. Our school social worker, Abby Clayton, will update this as new information is available, so check back frequently for more resources.
Henderson Co. Schools (Meals on the Bus and School sites)
Meals on the Bus and Grab and Go include lunch and breakfast for the next day.
Grab and go option at all elementary schools AND Apple Valley Middle from 11 am – 1 pm every weekday; will serve ANY child age 2-18 at no cost. At Fletcher, these meals are picked up in the car rider line as a drive thru.
Meals on the Bus locations in the Fletcher area that will serve ANY child age 2-18:
- Beginning Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Greater New Zion Baptist 10:15-10:35
- Jones Rd/Jones Circle: 10:45-11:05
- Clover Drive: 11:15-11:35
- Charlies on the Creek: 11:40-12:00
- Hoopers Creek Community: 12:05-12:25
- Oak Forest Baptist Church: 12:35-12:55
If you need assistance receiving cafeteria meals (lack of transportation/access to sites) please email Abby Clayton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 388-0911, or email Susan Garren at email@example.com.
- If you are already served by Storehouse, continue to get food boxes at your regular time. Stay in your car – a volunteer will bring boxes to you.
- If you are in need of an emergency food box, you may go to Storehouse on Wednesday or Thursday between 9 am and 2 pm, or Friday 9 am to 12 pm. Stay in your car, a volunteer will come outside to assist.
ABCCM South Crisis Ministry
- 10 Buck Shoals Rd. Arden, NC 28704
- (828) 259-5302
- They are providing food boxes Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 4:30.
Calvary Chapel of Asheville, Inc.
- Food Pantry (828) 891-4137
- 5516 Boylston Highway Mills River 28759
- Wednesday, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Calvary Episcopal Food Pantry
- (828) 684-6266
- 2840 Hendersonville Road Fletcher 28732
- Saturday, 8:30am – 11:00am
The Salvation Army Food Pantry
- (828) 693-4181
- 239 3rd Avenue E Hendersonville 28792
- Mon – Fri, 9:00am – 12:00pm
Info about Utilities
(for questions about this information, please call the business directly)
- Duke Energy suspends electricity cutoffs for unpaid bills
- Verizon will not terminate service for 60 days due to unpaid bills and will waive late fees
- Sprint will not terminate service for 60 days due to unpaid bills, waive late fees
- T-Mobile will not terminate service for 60 days due to unpaid bills, waive late fees