FRMS Back to School Information
Haga clic aquí para obtener esta información en español.
We are excited to start a new school year!
Flat Rock Middle School values everyone and pursues the highest success for all. We are here to help each person learn and grow through their failures and successes.
We value everyone.
As a result of this commitment…
- We build positive relationships with students, parents, our community and each other.
- We provide a safe environment that is conducive to student learning.
- We are proactive and persistent in addressing the learning needs of all students.
- We work collaboratively in order to ensure the success of all students.
6th Grade Orientation
6th Grade Orientation will be held on Friday, August 13th from 8:00-12:00.
- 6th-grade students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30 at the front entrance of the school.
- Snacks will be provided.
- Parents should plan to come to the gymnasium at 11:30-12:00 for a Parent Meeting.
- Students will be dismissed to the gym to leave with their parents at the conclusion of the parent meeting.
- Orientation will include the following:
- FRMS student mentors
- School tour
- Band and strings information
- Schedules and teacher expectations
- Combination lock practice
- Information about athletics and extracurricular activities
- Bus information
**Per the Board of Education vote on August 9th, face coverings WILL be required indoors for all students, staff, and visitors at our 6th Grade Orientation on Friday, August 13th and for all days that students are scheduled for instruction. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation!
****If your child is a 7th or 8th grader that is new to Flat Rock, feel free to bring them by the school the week of August 16-20 and we will give them a tour and other information.
8th Grade Mentor Training Day
- Required for all new 8th grade mentors.
- Thursday, August 12th
- Parents, please drop off student mentors at 8:30 and pick up at 3:00.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided for them on this day.
Flat Rock Athletics
All student-athletes must complete and submit a North Carolina High School Athletics Association (NCHSAA) preparticipation examination form and register in Family ID.
Enter the code 55yk2sf to join the Flat Rock Athletics Google Classroom.
Click here for an NCHSAA pre-participation examination form
Click here for instructions on registering in Family ID.
Haga clic aquí para obtener instrucciones para registrarse en Family ID
School Supplies and Student Fees
Click the link below to access our School Supply Lists and details about Student Fees. This can also be found on our school website.
2021-2022 Student Conduct Expectations
Click the links below to access expectations for students:
Cafeteria and Meal Information
Please complete the Free and Reduced Meal Benefit application for your child(ren) even if you are unsure of your eligibility or need. The application can be completed online at https://www.lunchapplication.com/. Completing this application provides important data that is tied to school funding, so it is critical that every family completes an application.
- Parent Information for Free and Reduced Meal benefit Application
- Preguntas Frecuentes Acerca de Alimentos Escolares Gratuitos y a Precios Reducidos
For this school year, the US Department of Agriculture extended nutrition waivers allowing school systems to offer meals at no cost to students through June 2022.
New School Administrators
Mr. Haney comes to us from Etowah Elementary where he was principal for the past 5 years. Prior to that, he served as Assistant Principal from 2015-2017. He lives in Fletcher with his wife who teaches at Fletcher Elementary, and their daughter, Victoria.
Mrs. Brown started her career at Dana Elementary where she taught for 6 years. She then became an instructional coach and then moved to be the Assistant Principal at Fletcher Elementary from 2016 until now. Mrs. Brown attended Flat Rock as a student and has lived in this community for her entire life. She currently lives in Tuxedo with her husband who teaches at Dana Elementary.
Mr. Lancaster has worked at Flat Rock since 2009 serving as the testing coordinator, In-School Suspension Coordinator, and teaching a Business and Marketing class. Mr. Lancaster attended Flat Rock when the mascot was a Wolverine! He currently lives in Flat Rock with his wife who works at Dana Elementary.
If you have questions, please contact one of our administrators by calling the front office at (828) 697-4775, or click below to email them.