Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, May 2nd, 2022. Welcome May! We are steaming ahead into May, and beginning today, the end-of-year assessment window began for K-3 students, and by Wednesday, everyone will be involved in some sort of assessment window to finish out the year. You have all worked really hard this year, so let’s continue to buckle down these last few weeks and finish #MarlowStrong!!
With us beginning End-of-Year assessments, attendance becomes very important, every day. With the exception of illnesses, please make every effort to have your child in school each day so that we can stay on schedule and no make-ups or alternate schedules are needed. Thank you, in advance, for your help with this.
We had a very successful Book Fair last week! Thank you, Ms. Waxman, our Media Coordinator, for making it such a great success!
Our Marlow Special Olympics was also a huge success! Thank you Ms. Alessi, Ms. Pace, Ms. Burnette, Ms. Bandy, Ms. Pierce, Ms. Dolinger, Officer Geyer, and all our parent volunteers for making it such a special day for our athletes! A picture slide show and article highlighting the day was posted on Hendersonville’s BlueRidgeNow.com. Take a look!
Great job, Marlow Mustangs!! This. Is. What. It’s. All. About.
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- This week, May 2nd–6th, is Teacher/ Staff Appreciation Week here at Glenn Marlow Elementary School. All this week, we are asking our students and parents to show how much we appreciate all the Glenn Marlow teachers and staff! Visit the “Appreciation Station,” located by the cafeteria, and take a few minutes to write a note to your favorite teacher or staff member. They truly make a difference the lives of all our students, and are integral part at making Glenn Marlow the amazing school it is today!
- Believe it or not, 4th Quarter midterms will be distributed and made available this Thursday, May 5th. As always, parents, please take this time to talk with your child about his or her academic progress, your plans for continued success, upcoming class assignments, and strategies to improve performance as we prepare for your child’s achievement throughout the year. Grades 3-5 parents, if you are having trouble logging into the Parent Portal, please contact our Data Manager, Jo Pittman, here at school for further assistance.
- Once again this summer, GMES will be offering a Summer Learning (SL) opportunity here at Glenn Marlow. If your child (K-5) is eligible to attend this SL opportunity, you will soon receive an invitation from the school in your child’s folder, if not already. Please respond to the invitation as soon as possible so we can plan and prepare to provide an impactful summer school experience! A few notes about the Summer Learning:
- Summer Learning will run from June 20th – July 27th, Monday – Thursday, 8am – 3pm. There will be no summer school the week of July 4th- 8th.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served free of charge to students attending Summer Learning.
- Bus transportation will be available for Summer Learning students if needed.
- As more information becomes available and student invitations are sent out, we will provide more detailed information to those attending. Stay tuned!
- The Outrageously Awesome Marlow ‘Field Days’ have been scheduled!!!Please mark these dates on your calendar:
- Tuesday, May 10th – Grades 3-5 and Ms. Burnette’s Class
- Wednesday, May 11th – Grades KI – 2 and Ms. Pace’s Class.
- May 12th and May 13th are tentative rain dates, respectively.
- We seem to be in good hands with lots of volunteers, but if you have any questions or want to volunteer additionally, please contact our PTO Volunteer Coordinator, Brandi Pilgrim at email@example.com. Thanks so much!
- Once again, we know that with spring, the cool mornings and warm afternoons leads to lost sweatshirts, coats, hats, jackets, and other items of clothing, which means only one thing… lost and found! Even after a reset in January, our Lost and Found is getting bigger and bigger every week! Please help us by reminding your child to check through the Lost and Found if there is something that may have been left behind. Parents, if you are in the building for whatever reason (maybe like for Field Day(s)), you can check yourselves! Thank you for your help with this.
- Don’t forget Buckaroos… this Friday is another Marlow Spirit Day! Wear your favorite Marlow attire, or if you cannot find /don’t have any, just wear blue and white! Let’s show those Marlow colors all day Friday!
- For our final service project of the year, Glenn Marlow Elementary is once again teaming up with Interfaith Assistance Ministries in Hendersonville to host a Non-Perishable Food Drive! The winning grade level will be awarded a snow cone party from our awesome Marlow PTO!
These last five weeks of school are lining up to be busy with spring activities, EOY Assessments, and end-of-year activities. Please see this calendar of events from now till the end of the year. It will be updated weekly as more details and events finalized:
- May 2nd – May 6th: Teacher / Staff Appreciation Week!
- Thursday, May 5th: Q4 Midterms Distributed / Made Available
- Friday, May 6th: Marlow Spirit Day! Wear your favorite Marlow attire!
- May 9th – May 20th: Marlow Food Drive supporting IAM of Hendersonville
- Tuesday, May 10th: G3-G5 and Ms. Burnette’s Class Field Day!
- Wednesday May 11th: KI – G2 and Ms. Pace’s Class Field Day!
- Thursday, May 19th: Marlow Spirit Day! Vacay Day!
- May 20th – June 3rd: G3, G4, G5 EOG Testing Window (Specific dates TBA when available)
- Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day Holiday – No school for students /staff
- Wednesday, June 1st: Kindergarten End-of-Year Program at 10am (Gym)
- Friday, June 3rd: Last Day of School! Noon dismissal for students
- 5th Grade Graduation – 8:30 am in the Gym
Thank you for all that you do. Have a great night!