Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, December 13th, 2021. The building is certainly buzzing with the excitement of Winter break coming, and yet, student engagement and learning is happening all over the place! I continue to be amazed and impressed with the work that our teachers, students, and support staff put in each and every day. With the challenges we faced from the very beginning, our students, staff, and school community have responded like champions. Your commitment to make school this shine has been remarkable, and together, we showed just what being #MarlowStrong is all about. Keep up the great work, and come Friday afternoon, take a breath and break from school and enjoy the time off. It has been certainly well-deserved.
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- The staff at Glenn Marlow Elementary is once again going caroling! Yep, that’s right– our staff is loading up the bus and heading out to sing Christmas carols to our Marlow students and community. Plan to be out on Thursday, Dec. 16th, we will be at the following locations:
- 6:00pm at the Mills River Ingles
- 6:15 at the Boiling Springs Baptist Church on Fanning Bridge Road
- 6:35 at the Ingles in Fletcher
- 6:55 at the Riverstone Clubhouse
- 7:25 at the Glens at Aberdeen Clubhouse
- 7:35 at the Hollabrook Clubhouse
- Please spread the word! “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!” We hope to see you at these locations as we give back to you, and get everyone in the holiday spirit!
- Don’t forget that this Friday, December 17th, is a noon dismissal for all students. It is also Pajama Day!! Students (and staff) are encouraged to wear their pajamas to school, as we celebrate the last school day of 2021! Please remember that PSPM will also be closed on Friday afternoon, so students who utilize PSPM will need to have an alternative route home on Friday.
- Parents, with several holiday activities and parties happening this week at school, please remember to have your photo ID ready at the front office if you are signing your child out for dismissal before the 3:00 bell. If you are volunteering in a classroom during the day, you must come to the front office to sign your child out first before having them leave the classroom. Thank you, in advance, for your help with this matter.
- Just as a reminder, our amazing Marlow PTO has set up an AmazonSmile account for the Marlow PTO. As the online shopping season runs in full swing, you can shop on AmazonSmile, register the Marlow PTO on AmazonSmile account, and a portion of your purchases will go directly to the PTO! Last quarter, our PTO received a check for $139.90, and that amount continues to grow each quarter.
Here are the events happening this week. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Thursday, December 16th: Marlow Staff Caroling through the GMES District.
- Friday, December 17th: Noon Dismissal for Students – Pajama Day!
- No PSPM on December 17th
- December 20 – January 3: Winter Break
Due to the Holiday break, there will be no Marlow Monday Message on Dec. 20th or Dec. 27th. From all of us here at Glenn Marlow Elementary School, we hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Thank you for all you do, and have a great evening!