Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, December 6th, 2021. We are two weeks away from the holiday break, and our little Buckaroos are hard at work here at GMES. The creativity has increased, student engagement and participation is in full swing, and learning hasn’t stopped! Every day, I feel blessed to walk into classrooms and see the amazing things happening in our school. Marlow Mustangs are rocking it! Keep up the great work!
This week’s Shout-Out goes to Ms. Burnette and Ms. Bandy’s class! Last week they were recognized with a Top-10 finish in their age division at the Grove Park Inn National Gingerbread House Competition. It was a great project and accomplishment for all of her students, and they were recently featured in an article in BlueRidgeNow.com, as well as TV segments on WLOS News 13 and FoxNews Carolina. Great job, Ms. Burnette, Ms. Bandy, and students! We are very proud of you!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Happening this Tuesday, December 7 and Wednesday, December 8, order your carryout pizza from Papa John’s in Mills River, and a portion of all “Carryout Only” sales associated with GMES will go right back to our PTO. Make plans for a pizza dinner today… they will be ready! Please make sure you let the PJ staff know you are ordering for Marlow!
- The staff at Glenn Marlow Elementary is once again going caroling! Yep, that’s right– our staff is loading up the bus and heading out to sing Christmas carols to our Marlow students and community. Plan to be out on Thursday, Dec. 16th, we will be at the following locations:
- 6:00pm at the Mills River Ingles
- 6:15 at the Boiling Springs Baptist Church on Fanning Bridge Road
- 6:35 at the Ingles in Fletcher
- 6:55 at the Riverstone Clubhouse
- 7:25 at the Glens at Aberdeen Clubhouse,
- 7:35 at the Hollabrook Clubhouse.
- Please spread the word! “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!” We hope to see you at these locations as we give back to you, and get everyone in the holiday spirit!
- This Saturday, December 11th, the Town of Mills River is having its second Annual Santa Tour, and Glenn Marlow Elementary School is once again a stop on the tour. You can get more information at the Annual Santa Tour website. Families of all ages are encouraged to come out for Santa’s tour, and in the Marlow front parking lot, there will be $1 Hot CoCoa/Cider, cookies, and a fun craft for the kids! Arrival time for Santa may vary, but the schedule is somewhere around 10:15 – 10:45 range. Best recommendation is to use the website to track his tour! Hope to see you out there!
- Don’t forget! The 2021 – 2022 Marlow Yearbooks are now on sale! You can purchase them at the Yearbook purchase website by entering the Yearbook ID code: 9369122. Yearbooks start at $20, with add-ons available for additional charges. Order now, because the price will go up after January 1st. If you have any questions about yearbooks and yearbook ordering, please contact our Yearbook Coordinator, Monica Outman, here at the school.
Here are some upcoming school-wide events for the end of November and into December. Please mark these on your calendar:
- December 7th / 8th: Marlow Spirit Night @ Papa John’s Pizza in Mills River
- Friday, December 10th: Dress in your favorite Tacky / Wacky / Ugly Holiday Attire!
- Thursday, December 16th: Marlow Staff Caroling through the GMES District (More information to follow)
- Friday, December 17th: Noon Dismissal for Students – Holiday pajama day! No PSPM on this day!
- December 20 – January 3: Winter Break
Thank you for all that you do, and have a great week.