Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, November 22, 2021. It is hard to believe that we are already at Thanksgiving Break, and with that, an opportunity for me to reflect back on this year so far, and express to you the things that I am most thankful for:
- I am most thankful for our amazing students who come to school every day, ready to learn. They give us all a daily reminder of what is most important, and why we are here.
- I am most thankful for our amazing staff here at Glenn Marlow: our teachers, teacher assistants, office staff, custodians, bus drivers and riders, cafeteria workers, support staff, PSAM/PSPM workers, psychologists and counselors, and everyone in between, who really care about our students, ensuring that every child will achieve success.
- I am most thankful for the amazing support of parents in creating an outstanding partnership with our students, our staff, and our school. You continue to share your most valued possession with us, and in most cases, work hard and advocate to be a partner in your child’s education, safety, and well-being.
- I am most thankful for our parent volunteers who enthusiastically contribute their time and effort into our school, so that we may continue to provide a great education for all of our students.
In these challenging times, I see all of these dedicated and tireless individuals go above and beyond to make sure that great things happen at our school every day. All of you make a difference, and for that, I am most thankful. Thank you.
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- We had an amazing response to our Thanksgiving Turkey Trot Food Drive, helping our Marlow families during the holiday season. In total, over 765 items of food collected, well exceeding our goal! Awesome job, Buckaroos! Once again, our school community has answered the call and delivered. This is why we are a #CommunityofExcellence! Thank you so much!
- We also had one of the most successful Scholastic Book Fairs in recent history, totaling over $14,000 in gross sales last week. Wow! Thank you all, and a big shout-out to our Media Coordinator, Ms. Dina Waxman, and parent volunteers, for all their hard work making last week a great success.
- Mark your calendars! The Marlow PTO is once again teaming up with Spirit Papa John’s in Mills River to host not one, but two, GMES Spirit Nights! On November 30 and December 1, from open till close, a portion of all carryout only pizza sales associated with GMES will go right back to our PTO. Make plans for a pizza dinner today!
- Parents: once again, please note that there will be no Flu Clinic at Marlow this year. Flu shots for all ages are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Blue Ridge Mall in the old JC Penny’s store. For more information, please visit the Henderson County Flu website.
- Don’t forget! The 2021 – 2022 Marlow Yearbooks are now on sale! You can purchase the yearbook at the Yearbook Website and Yearbook ID code: 9369122. Yearbooks start at $20, with add-ons available for additional charges. Order now, because the price will go up after January 1st. If you have any questions about yearbooks and yearbook ordering, please contact our Yearbook Coordinator, Monica Outman, here at the school.
Here are some upcoming school-wide events for the end of November and into December. Please mark these on your calendar:
- November 24 – November 26: Thanksgiving Break
- November 30 / December 1: GMES Spirit Night at Papa John’s in Mills River!
- Thursday, December 2nd: 2nd Quarter midterms distributed / made available
- Tuesday, December 14th: Marlow Staff Caroling through the GMES District (More information to follow)
- Friday, December 17th: Noon Dismissal for Students
- December 20 – January 3: Winter Break
I wish all of you and your families a happy, healthy, and relaxing Thanksgiving. Thank you for all that you do, and have a great week.