Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, November 8, 2021. Did everyone enjoy their extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning? I did, and sure hope you had a great weekend as well! Let’s keep up the great work, Buckaroos. We have some breaks in our school calendar coming up, so students, dig deep and work hard, and great things will happen!
The Shout-Out this week goes to our 3rd -5th graders Q1 Honor Roll students, who recognized on Thursday and Friday at GL recognitions. In total, over 200 students were recognized for achieving A – A/B Honor Roll, and we are so proud of them! We congratulate these students for their hard work, determination, and perseverance towards their school work, and we hope that number increases for the second quarter. Keep up the great work, Buckaroos!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- We have had a great response so far to our Thanksgiving Turkey Trot Food Drive, helping our Marlow families and community during the holiday season. Keep up the great work! The Turkey Trot Drive runs through November 19th. If you have other ideas for outreach at our school, or you would like to continue helping BackPack Bunch, please contact school counselor, Rachel Malmgren at 654-3225. Thank you so much!
- We will be having an in-person Fall Scholastic Book Fair, “Under the Sea” from November 15th through November 19th. Current restrictions will only allow students to visit the book fair during their Specials time in the school day that week, so please be sure that you know what day your child has Media Center/Library for Specials so you can prepare them to shop!
- On Tuesday, November 16th, we will host Family Night at the Book Fair, from 5 pm – 7 pm. Did you know that the students of Glenn Marlow have a book dedicated to them? Oval Man, written by Marlow’s own retired Art and Drama teacher, Mary Davis Gage, was inspired in part by our Buckaroo students. Ms. Davis Gage will be at the Book Fair to sign books along with her daughter Anya on Tuesday evening for Family Night. Anya is also a Marlow graduate. Bring your copy, if you have one already, or purchase Oval Man on Amazon or at Splurge Gift Shop on Main Street, Hendersonville. Copies of the book will also be available for purchase that night for $10.
- Also happening on Tuesday, November 16th is Make-up Picture Day. Lifetouch will be back to take pictures for students who may have been absent the first go round, or any “New to Marlow” students since the original Picture Day date, October 6th.
- Don’t forget! The 2021 – 2022 Marlow Yearbooks are now on sale! The online purchase website is www.ybpay.com and Yearbook ID code: 9369122. Yearbooks start at $20, with add-ons available for additional charges, but order now, because the price will go up after January 1st. If you have any questions about yearbooks and yearbook ordering, please contact our Yearbook Coordinator, Monica Outman, here at the school.
Here are some upcoming school-wide events for November. Please mark these on your calendar:
- Thursday, November 11th – Veterans Day; No School for Students and Staff
- Friday, November 12th – Optional Teacher Workday; No school for Students
- November 15 – November 19 – Scholastic Book Fair @ Marlow
- Tuesday, November 16th – Make-up Picture Day
- Tuesday, November 16th – Family Night @ the Book Fair; 5 pm – 7 pm
- Friday, November 19th – Marlow Sports Fan Day! (Dress up supporting your favorite sports team!)
- November 24 – November 26 – Thanksgiving Break
As a reminder, Thursday, November 11th is Veterans Day, and there is no school for students or staff. From all of us at Glenn Marlow Elementary School, we say “thank you” to all of our Veterans for your service, commitment, and sacrifice for our country. We truly appreciate and honor you for all that you have done and continue to do. Without you, we would not be the “home of the free,” and the “land of the brave.”
Stay safe and healthy everyone. Thank you, and have a great evening. JHart