Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students! Man oh man, what a great week it was last week with our Field Days last Tuesday and Friday… even a postponement by Mother Nature could not keep the “field day fun” away. A big Marlow shout-out goes to Mr. Bryan Vaughn for coordinating the best field days here at Marlow! Thank you Mr. Vaughn! Also to all of our parent volunteers who came out… Thank you! It was great to have you all out there! Thank you so much for your help!
2 weeks to go…count them– 2! Let’s make them count!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- As we enter End-of-Grade testing this week for our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students, parents please know that students are not allowed to bring toys, electronic devices, fidget spinners, Fitbits, Smartwatches, or any other widgets into the testing sessions. These items will be confiscated if found. Thank you for your help ensuring our students are given the best testing environment possible.
- Grades 3-5 students, please make sure that you are getting a good night’s rest, eating a good breakfast, and dressing comfortably so that you can do your very best. Parents, please make sure students are getting to school on time to prepare for the day! Thank you for all of your hard work.
- Attention students and parents: all library books need to be returned to the Media Center by this Friday, May 21st. Please help your child make sure every book they have checked out is accounted for and returned by then. Materials that are lost or damaged must be paid for before the end of school.
- A note from our School Nurse, Krista Nelson: A reminder to pick up any medication that you may have checked in earlier this year to the school by the end of the year. After school is out, any medication that is not picked up by parent or guardian within 2 weeks will be destroyed. If you have any questions, please contact Nurse Krista here at the school.
- Parents, as we enter into a busy time of year with lots of school events going on, please make sure that your child’s “Green Sheet” and Check-out information is up to date. Remember that only the people listed on the Green Sheet (with valid ID) can check out a student from school. Thank you for your help in keeping our school and students safe.
- These last two weeks of school are lining up to be busy with spring activities, EOY Assessments, and end-of-year activities. Please see this calendar of events from now till the end of the year. It will be updated weekly as more details and events finalized:
- Tuesday, May 18th – G3 – G5 Math EOG
- Wednesday, May 19th – G3 – G5 ELA EOG
- Friday, May 21st – G5 Science EOG
- Thursday, May 27th – Kindergarten Drive-thru Graduation from 4:30 – 6:30 pm in the Front Parking Lot
- Friday, May 28th – 5th Grade Graduation – 9am
- Friday, May 28th – Last Day of School (noon dismissal for students). End of the 4th Quarter
Have a wonderful week, and thank you for all that you do.