Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students! It was so good to see our Buckaroos today after a week off! I certainly hope everyone had a wonderful and restful Spring Break. Now with only 7 weeks left in the school year, we can begin to see the finish line. Hang in there, everyone! You have all done such tremendous work this year, we owe it to ourselves and to each other to see this year all the way through and finish #MarlowStrong!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Right before spring break, Marlow Elementary announced our 2021-2022 Teacher of the Year, Instructional Assistant of the Year, and Staff Member of the Year. Please join me in congratulating our winners: congratulations:
- Teacher of the Year – Mrs. Carol Broome (2nd Grade)
- Instructional Assistant of the Year – Mrs. Monica Outman (1st Grade)
- Staff Member of the Year – Mrs. Rachel Malmgren (School Counselor)
- Stated in last week’s “Return to Learn” Update posted before the break, beginning today, April 12th, temperature screenings at school locations will be discontinued for students and staff based on updated guidance from the NCDHHS in its StrongSchoolsNC Public Health Toolkit. As of the March 24, 2021 guidance update, the NCDHHS no longer recommends daily COVID-19 symptom screening for all students at school entry. All visitors to school campuses and facilities during the school day will still be required to have their temperature screened before entering school buildings, and all students, staff, and visitors are still required to wear a face coverings on school grounds.
- We know that with spring, the cool mornings and warm afternoons leads to lost sweatshirts, coats, hats, jackets, and other items of clothing — which means that our Lost and Found is getting bigger and bigger every week! Each morning during the morning announcements, students are reminded to check the “Lost and Found” located at the Gym Entrance for anything that may have been left outside on the playground, or in the Gym, or even in the hallways. Please help us by doing the same and reminding your child to check through the Lost and Found if there is something that may have been left behind. Thank you for your help with this.
- These last seven weeks of school are lining up to be busy with spring activities, EOY Assessments, and end-of-year activities. Please see this calendar of events from now till the end of the year. It will be updated weekly as more details and events finalized:
- Thursday, April 22nd – 4th Quarter Midterms Distributed / Made Available
- May 3rd – May 7th – Spring Scholastic Book Fair
- Tuesday, May 11th – Field Day for KI – G2; Ms. King’s Class
- Wednesday, May 12th – Field Day for G3 – G5; Ms. Burnette’s Class
- May 17th – May 28th – G3, G4, G5 EOG Testing Window (Specific dates TBA when available)
- Friday, May 28th – Last Day of School (noon dismissal for students). End of the 4th Quarter
Have a wonderful week, and thank you for all that you do.