Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend, and boy oh boy, what a beautiful day it was at Marlow today! We have 1 week remaining… 4 school days to be exact, until we can all take a breath and enjoy Spring Break. I want to publicly extend my utmost gratitude and appreciation to all of our Buckaroo students, staff, and parents for their work so this year. You all have been nothing short of amazing!! We are coming up on a very much needed spring break, and I hope everyone enjoys a restful and relaxing week. It is well-deserved!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- As a reminder to parents, this Friday (4/2) is a full student day. Originally scheduled as a noon dismissal day for students, it was changed to a full school day to make up for lost instructional time due to inclement weather back in the winter.
- Spring pictures are scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, March 30th. Individual portraits and class pictures will be taken. Class pictures will be taken with students placed at a safe distance, and everyone will be required to wear masks. To order pictures, parents can either return the flyer sent home (with exact change) to the photographer tomorrow, or order online after proofs are made available.
- For our Virtual Only (RLO) students – Just as we did in the fall, the Gym will be open from 3:30 – 5:00pm for all of our RLO students to get their picture taken. Students will need to enter through the Gym entrance.
- Last Wednesday, we had our Cereal Box Domino Challenge in the hallways, and it was a great success! Here are the videos from the 9:15 and 10:00 show. WLOS News 13 was there, and are looking for the story to air this week on their ‘Never Stop Learning’ segment. Thank you to everyone for making this such a great success!
- Any Marlow students who borrowed a Wi-fi hotspot from the school while we were in Plan C, please return it as soon as you can. Thank you!
- The Marlow PTO annual Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn Fundraiser, ends on Wednesday! To order Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn, go to their fundraising website and follow these directions:
- Enter the password FUNDRAISINGHAPPINESS.
- Shop from 4 delicious sweet and savory popcorn flavors.
- Put the first and last name of your student in the notes section so they receive credit for their sale.
- Enter code GME2021 at checkout in the “gift card or discount code” box.
- You can pay online, and the popcorn will ship directly to you at home or to your friends & family as gifts! Every bag sold between March 15-31 helps us reach our goal to buy more outdoor play & learning equipment for our school! Thank you for all the ways you help make Marlow the great school family that we are! Order yours today!!
- “Marlow’s Got Talent – The Show Must Go On!”, the one and only talent show for Marlow students, is gearing up for another great virtual performance. Talent Show flyers were recently sent home, detailing information about try-outs, rehearsals, and recording their performance. If interested, please make sure that your child returns the flyer to Ms. Karen Whiting (4th Grade Teacher) no later than Friday, April 2nd. Please contact Ms. Whiting if you any questions, or for further information. The tryout date is set for April 13th, rehearsal on April 20th, and the performance date is scheduled for Tuesday, April 27th. Sign up to showcase your talent!
Due to spring break next week, there will be no Marlow Monday Message on Monday, April 5th. Have a wonderful week, and thank you for all that you do.