Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend, as today, the 4th quarter official got under way. We are officially rounding the corner and heading into the home stretch of the school year! Let’s work hard this last quarter and finish #MarlowStrong!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Glenn Marlow Elementary School is collecting boxed cereal for the Interfaith Assistance Ministries program here in Henderson County. Between now and this Friday (March 19th), we are asking students to bring in a new, unopened, family-size box of cereal and drop it off in their homeroom. Our goal is to collect over 500 boxes! Update: As of Monday morning, we have collected 292 boxes of cereal! Way to go! With the boxed cereal collected, we will form “cereal-box domino chain” that will hopefully extend throughout the entire school, and will watch the boxes fall one-by-one in a domino chain. We are looking to giving back to our community and having some fun while doing it! Thank you so much!
- As you heard in the voice message earlier this evening from our new Marlow PTO president Dawn Steed, the Marlow PTO will be holding its annual Poppy Popcorn Fundraiser, beginning today! Go to their fundraising website and follow these instructions:
- Enter the password FUNDRAISINGHAPPINESS.
- Shop from 4 delicious sweet and savory popcorn flavors.
- Put the first and last name of your student in the notes section so they receive credit for their sale.
- Enter code GME2021 at checkout in the “gift card or discount code” box.
- You can pay online, and the popcorn will ship directly to you at home or to your friends & family as gifts! Every bag sold between March 15th -31st helps us reach our goal to buy more outdoor play & learning equipment for our school! Thank you for all the ways you help make Marlow the great school family that we are!
- Q3 Report Cards will be made available for all grade levels this Wednesday, March 17th. An email will be sent through SwiftK12 to parents with report cards attached, as well as through your PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you need assistance accessing your Parent Portal account, please call Karen Galloway in the front office at 828-654-3225. Please contact your child’s teacher if you would like a paper copy of their report card. Q3 grades are not final until Wednesday, March 17th.
- “Marlow’s Got Talent – The Show Must Go On!,” the one and only talent show for Marlow students, is gearing up for another great virtual performance. Talent Show flyers were recently sent home, detailing information about try-outs, rehearsals, and recording their performance. If interested, please make sure that your child returns the flyer to Ms. Karen Whiting (4th Grade Teacher) no later than Friday, April 2nd. Please contact Ms. Whiting if you any questions, or for further information. The tryout date is set for April 13th, rehearsal on April 20th, and the performance date is scheduled for Tuesday, April 27th. Sign up to showcase your talent!
- As we enter the 4th quarter, we have made a school-wide decision for students to leave their Chromebooks here at school, and only need take them home on an “as needed” basis. This will eliminate one less item students need to carry to and from school each day, and again, students will only need to take their Chromebooks home on an ‘as needed’ basis. These times should be in good communication with their teacher.
From last week:
- Registration for 2021 – 2022 Kindergarten class is up and running! All registrations need to be completed online on the Kindergarten Registration website. Parents will need to provide a birth certificate and proof of residence for enrollment. If you have any questions regarding Kindergarten enrollment, please do not hesitate to call the school.
Thank you for all that you do. Have a great night!