Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, enjoyed the Sunday snow, the Super Bowl, and is ready for another great week at GMES!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Now that are students are back into the building, please remember that school begins at 8am. Our doors open at 7:30 am, and it is imperative that we have all students in the building by 8am to begin their school day on time. For morning car rider line, the earlier the better. If you see the blue sign come out on the sidewalk, you must walk inside to sign your child in. Thank you for your help ensuring that your child has a smooth start to their school day.
- And since we are talking about students in the building, if your child is sick or feeling sick, please do not send him/her to school. In the long run, ‘playing it safe’ and keeping students home during this unprecedented time will hopefully keep everyone healthy and moving forward. If you do have a sick child and keeping a child home, please communicate with your teacher and/or our school nurse, Krista Nelson. Thank you for keeping Marlow Elementary safe and healthy!
- With the inclement weather and power outages affecting our school days thus far, the HCPS academic calendar has been revised. This Friday, February 12th was originally scheduled as an Early Dismissal for students on. Now, that day is now a full student day. This Friday, February 12th, school will end at 3pm.
- Don’t forget about the “Grab and Go” lunch service, which has been moved (again) to Hendersonville Middle School. Still available from 11:30 – 1:30, families can go to Hendersonville Middle to pick up lunch and breakfast for the next day during their virtual school day.
- Take Home Meals will again be available for K-3 students on Friday, Group A students on Mondays and Thursdays, Group B students on Tuesday and Friday. If you would like a Take Home Meal for your child, please complete this quick survey, and Robin Bishop, our Cafeteria Manager, will take care of you.
From last week:
- Attention parents who use PSAM/PSPM Child Care! Please make sure you have read through the changes beginning March 1st. You can read through those changes on the HCPS website at Child Care: Registration and Weekly Fees.
- 2020 – 2021 Marlow Yearbook sales are still going strong but winding down! The last day to order yearbooks is Thursday, February 18th. This year has certainly been a memorable one, so if you have not done so already, order your Marlow yearbook today! At only $17, it’s the best deal in town!
Thank you for all that you do. Have a great night!