Good Monday evening Glenn Marlow parents and students! I hope everyone had a great weekend and everyone enjoyed the ‘snow day’ on Friday. Our first full ‘school’ week of the new quarter is here. Students: let’s work hard this week and start the 3rd quarter on the right track! #STAYMARLOWSTRONG!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Q2 Report Cards will be made available tomorrow, Tuesday, January 12th, through the PowerSchool Parent Portal, as well as sent out in an email through SwiftK12. Please take this time to look over it with your child, celebrate their successes, and have conversations with them where they may need improvement. We are very proud of all of our Buckaroos, and want each of them to achieve success here at Glenn Marlow. Please remember that Q2 grades are not final until tomorrow, January 12th. If you are having trouble viewing your child’s grade in the PowerSchool Parent Portal, please call Karen Galloway, our Data Manager, here at the school at 654-3225. If you would like to request a paper copy of your child’s report card, please contact his/her teacher.
- Even though we are in Plan C, Make-Up Picture Day for the Yearbook is planned for this Thursday, January 14th. It will take place from 12 noon – 3:30 pm in the Gym, and students will need to come through the Gym entrance to have their temperature taken before they enter the Gym for their picture. This is a great opportunity for any new to Marlow students who enrolled after November 5th (our Fall Picture Date). No appointment is necessary, just arrive at the Gym entrance.
- And speaking of the Marlow Yearbook, our yearbook coordinators are looking for pictures that portray virtual learning at home during this COVID time in schools. If you have a picture of what virtual learning looks like in your home or place of work, or wherever, please email them to Monica Outman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!
- As we continue to look at ways we can support our students during the school year (whether in Virtual Plan C or not), we are asking all families to complete this brief Marlow School Counseling Program Family Feedback form, put together by our school counselor, Ms. Rachel Malmgren. This will help us become more attentive to the social and emotional needs of our students, further ensuring that they are successful as they can be. Thank you for your help!
- As stated last week, and just as we did in the Spring during the initial school closure, student lunches will be available for pick up 11:30 am – 1:30 pm in the Cafeteria /PSPM/PSAM entrance.
- And lastly, the Henderson County Education Foundation is once again hosting “Food for Thought: Dine Out for Education” to benefit all Henderson County Public Schools. All next week, January 18th – 24th, participating restaurants across the county will donate a percentage of sales to the HCEF. A flyer with all participating restaurants can be found on the HCEF website. Enjoy some great take-out next week, and thank you for your support!
Once again… hang in there everyone. Keep your head up, take a deep breath, stay positive, and know that we are all in this journey together. The quote of the week to the students and staff is: “Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.” Let’s all continue to persevere through this, work hard, and great things will happen.
Thank you for all that you do. Have a great night.