Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students – I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend! We now have a little less than 2 ½ weeks until the Christmas break and after today, only 3 Mondays left in 2020! Yippee!
In all seriousness, it is important for our students finish this first semester on a positive note. The 2nd quarter will end on Tuesday, December 22nd, and I have challenged our Buckaroos to finish the quarter strong and make sure any/all missing assignments are turned in. Parents of 3rd – 5th graders: Don’t forget that you can check the Parent Portal in PowerSchool for up-to-date assignments, grades, and current progress. Keep up the great work and finish strong!
Here is this week’s news and announcements:
- The Marlow Holiday Spirit Week has been planned for both students and staff, and we hope everyone takes part in some holiday fun before the break. Beginning next Wednesday, December 16, we have the following dress-up days planned:
- Wednesday, December 16 – Holiday Headgear Day (Hats, headbands, etc.)
- Thursday, December 17 – Winter Wonderland Day (Blue and White Day, sparkles optional)
- Friday, December 18 – Christmas Character Day (Dress as your favorite holiday character)
- Monday, December 21 – Ugly Sweater Day / Red and Green Day (wear your Christmas sweater or dress in red/green)
- Tuesday, December 22 – ‘Twas the Night Before Winter Break… (Pajama Day!)
- Also along the lines with this time of year is the threat of inclement weather, which may cause school to be closed, or in the event inclement weather strikes during the school day, cause students to be dismissed early. Please make sure you have up-to-date contact information in PowerSchool so that alert calls can reach you. As well, please be sure you have communicated with your child’s teacher as to how they will be getting home if school is called early for inclement weather. The fewer phone calls coming into the school on a crazy day like that, the better.
- With the cold weather now here, it is important that students come dress prepared to go outside for masks breaks and recess. With that, we are seeing an increase in our Lost and Found as students are removing coats and such and leaving them behind. Please be sure to have your child’s name somewhere in their clothing so it can be returned if left behind. If you feel like something has been ‘lost’ here at school, please call the front office and we will check the Lost and Found for you.
- Don’t forget about purchasing your 2020 – 2021 Marlow yearbook. We encourage everyone to order their yearbooks online. Yearbooks start at $17, with add-ons available for additional charges. Order yours today – If you have any questions about yearbook orders, please contact Monica Outman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From last week….
- Last year, the Marlow PTO set up an Amazon Smile account for the Marlow PTO. As the online shopping season runs in full swing, and if you shop on Amazon, you can register the Marlow PTO on Amazon Smile and a portion of your purchases will go directly to the PTO. You can visit the Marlow PTO Smile link directly, or you can go to the Amazon Smile website and search Marlow PTO. Sign up with your Amazon account today, and thank you for supporting our school!
Thank you for all you do. Have a great evening.