Good Monday evening Glenn Marlow families! I hope everyone had a great weekend! It is hard to believe that we are already at Thanksgiving Break, and with that, an opportunity for me to express to you how grateful and thankful I am for all of our amazing students, staff, parents, and community. We are an amazing school because of the hard work and effort that you put in every day. These last few months have definitely presented some challenging times, but through it all, I have seen the dedication and tireless work our school family has put in to go above and beyond to make sure that great things happen at our school. All of you make a positive difference, and for that, I am most thankful. Thank you for all that you do to help make Glenn Marlow an amazing school. We are #MARLOWSTRONG!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- A big shout-out to our Marlow families and community! We are so thankful for your generosity in our Turkey Trot Food drive last week! We had a total of over 400 items collected, and thanks to your kindness, each family on our backpack bunch list will receive a special bag for Thanksgiving. If you would like to continue donating, please do not hesitate to drop non-perishable food items off in the drop off box in the entrance of the school, or you may contact the school to inquire about other ways to help. We cannot thank you enough!
- The Marlow PTO will be hosting another Spirit Night for Glenn Marlow Elementary on Tuesday, December 1 at the Hendersonville Chick-Fil-A on Highlands Square Drive. Between 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, use the drive-thru to either pick up a mobile order or to place your order, tell the attendant you are there for Glenn C. Marlow Elementary Spirit Night, and a portion of your dinner sales will be donated back to our school.
- As the colder weather is upon us and the winter months lie ahead of us, we are seeing some functionality issues with our touchless infrared thermometers. Therefore, beginning Monday, Nov. 23, we will no longer be taking temperatures at the car when students arrival at school in the morning. Instead, students will have their temperature taken once they enter the school building. Parents will be notified immediately if students are running a fever, and they will not be allowed to walk down to their classrooms. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
- Parents of our Remote Learning Only students: plan on having your child remain a virtual student for the second semester (after the Christmas break)? Please be sure to re-enroll them or the RLO option on the HCPS website. If you plan on your child returning to in-person learning at the beginning of the semester, please your child’s teacher know as soon as possible.
From last week…
- Parents– Glenn Marlow Elementary School is looking for some great substitute teachers to be available when our teachers are out. Whether COVID related or not, finding a sub these days can be very challenging. If you are looking to be more involved in the school AND get paid for it, getting on the sub list is a great way to do just that. This does not commit you to 5 days a week, all the time. As a substitute, you have the freedom to work when your schedule allows you, and you get to spend the day at the best school with the best students and staff in North Carolina. Questions about it? Email me, John Hart (email@example.com) or Megan Alessi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the school (828) 654-3225 and leave a message. Thanks so much!
Please stay safe and healthy this Thanksgiving holiday!
Thank you for all you do to make Marlow a great place to learn and grow!
Have a great night!