Good Monday evening Glenn Marlow families! I hope everyone had a great weekend and is looking forward to a great week. We finally get a good taste of some cold weather this week, so please make sure your children are dressed properly for the weather when they go outside. First and last names inside of jackets and coats is always a great idea, and keeps it out of lost and found… which is starting to grow.
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- You all have done a great job so far with the Marlow Turkey Trot Food Drive. Keep those food donations coming in! Please consider donating specific grade level items:
- Kindergarten: Stuffing or Instant Mash Potatoes;
- 1st Grade: Cornbread or Muffin Mix;
- 2nd Grade: Corned Veggies;
- 3rd Grade and Ms. King’s Class: Macaroni and Cheese;
- 4th Grade and Ms. Burnette’s Class: Gravy Mix and Canned Cranberry;
- 5th Grade: Brownie or Cookie Mix.
- We invite your child to drop the items off in the “big turkey” box in the middle of each grade level hallway during this drive from November 10th until November 20th. If you have other ideas for outreach at our school, or you would like to continue helping BackPack Bunch, please contact school counselor, Rachel Malmgren at 654-3225. Thank you so much!
- It is hard to believe that we are already there, but this Friday, 2nd Quarter midterms will be distributed/made available to parents. K-2 parents will have their midterms sent home, and 3-5 parents will have it sent to their email using SwiftK12. 3-5 parents – you can also log into the Parent Portal to view your child’s midterm on Friday.
- Parents: Glenn Marlow Elementary School is looking for some great substitute teachers to be available when our teachers are out. Whether COVID related or not, finding a sub these days can be very challenging. If you are looking to be more involved in the school and get paid for it, getting on the sub list is a great way to do just that. This does not commit you to 5 days a week, all the time. As a substitute, you have the freedom to work when your schedule allows you, and you get to spend the day at the best school with the best students and staff in North Carolina. Questions about it? Email me, John Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Megan Alessi (email@example.com) or call the school (828) 654-3225 and leave a message. Thanks so much!
Thank you for all you do to make Marlow a great place to learn and grow!
Have a great night!