Good Monday evening Glenn Marlow families! It is Monday, November 2nd, and I hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend, took advantage of that extra hour of sleep, and are looking ahead to a great month of November!
A big Marlow “Shout-Out” to everyone who came out Friday evening to the Drive-thru Trick-or-Treat… I know it created quite the traffic jam on Butler Bridge Road, but we are so appreciative for all who came and supported our school. Shout-out also to Ms. Erin Creasman for her work organizing it and making it a huge success!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- The Marlow Fall Scholastic Book Fair has moved online! That’s right, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Fall Scholastic will be all virtual this year. Beginning today, Monday, November 2nd, Marlow families can visit the Online Book Fair website and shop for their favorite books! The Marlow Virtual Scholastic Book Fair goes through Sunday, November 15th.
- Picture Day(s) are this week! Once again, due to COVID-19 restrictions and Plan B attendance restrictions, Fall pictures will be taken over two days.
- Thursday: Ms. King’s and Ms. Burnette’s class, Kindergarten, Second Grade, and Group “A” for 4th and 5th grade.
- Friday: Third Grade, First Grade, and Group B for 4th and 5th graders will have their picture taken.
- For our Remote Learning Only students, we invite you come and have your picture taken after school on Thursday from 3:30–5:00pm, in the Gym using the Gym entrance. If you do not feel comfortable coming in to school to have your picture taken, you may submit a portrait to our Picture Coordinator, Monica Outman at email@example.com. Please make sure students have their order forms and payment ready when they have their picture taken.
- Our amazing PTO is at it again! Over the last several years, we have held the Poppy Gourmet Popcorn fundraiser, but this year, they are going a different direction. Beginning Friday, November 6th, the Marlow PTO will be selling DiY AR Ornament Kits! All orders will be taken online through the AR website. These kits make great family projects for the holidays and will be delivered to school on Nov. 20th for pick-up before the Thanksgiving holiday. Buy yours today!
- Several changes to Grab-and-Go Meal pickup schedules will go into effect next week. Beginning Monday, Nov. 2:
- Sugarloaf Elementary will discontinue meal pickup
- Fletcher Elementary’s service times change to 12-1 p.m.
- Rugby Middle’s service times change to 12-1 p.m.
- Upward Elementary’s service times change to 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- These schedule changes have been updated in the “Child Nutrition Services on Plan B” Google Document for families.
From last week….
- 2020 – 2021 Marlow Yearbook order forms are being sent home this week. All yearbook orders are online this year. Order your Marlow Yearbook today!
Thank you for all you do to make Marlow a great place to learn and grow!
Have a great night!