Good evening Glenn Marlow families! I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great Monday today. We are officially 40 days into the school year, and wow, where has the time gone? Overall, I am so proud of our students and staff for all they do to get through each day with new procedures and protocols in place. You guys are rockin’ it! This is an amazing school because of all of you! Keep up the great work!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- This Friday marks the end of the 1st 9 weeks grading period. Please make sure students are turning in missed work that is due, if any. First quarter report cards will be made available through the PowerSchool Parent Portal on Thursday, October 22nd. If you have not set up your Parent Portal account yet, please contact our Data Manager, Karen Galloway, at the school.
- Because of the end of the 1st 9 weeks grading period, next Monday, October 19th is an Optional Teacher Workday. There is no school for students (virtual or in-person) that day.
- To reiterate what was sent out from HCPS last week, the HCPS Flu Vaccine Clinic is offering drive-thru clinics at our 4 high schools this week and next. School staff and family members may visit any drive-through clinic regardless of which school in the county they or their children attend. No appointment is needed. The vaccine is available for those without insurance at no cost. Face coverings are required. The schedule goes as follows:
- Tuesday, Oct. 13 from 4-6 p.m. at West Henderson High
- Wednesday, Oct. 14 from 4-6 p.m. at Hendersonville High
- Thursday, Oct. 15 from 4-6 p.m. at East Henderson High
- Monday, Oct. 19 from 12-4 p.m. at North Henderson High
- BOO! Halloween is coming, and the Marlow family wants to celebrate with you! Join us for a drive-thru Trick-or-Treat on Friday, October 30. Come through the front entrance any time between 5:30 and 7:00, dressed in your finest costumes and buckets ready! There will also be a coin drive, so start collecting your change. The grade level with the most money will be rewarded! Also–we need candy! Please send in bags of individually wrapped candy to your child’s teacher by Thursday, October 29. Thanks and we can’t wait to see you there!
- Save the date! For this Wednesday, October 14th, as Papa John’s in Mills River is hosting a GMES Spirit Night! Order your pizza from Papa John’s at any time during the day on Wednesday the 14th, and a portion of all proceeds will go back to our PTO! Just use the promo code GLEN. Deliver or carryout, enjoy a Papa John’s Pizza on Wednesday, October 14th.
Last week’s news and notes:
- Now that we are back in school, I wanted to re-share this document from the NCDHHS regarding COVID-19 screenings and protocols in schools. Please review over this document, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to call me directly, or to our school nurse, Krista Nelson. Ultimately, if your child is sick or feeling sick, please do not send him/her to school, and please notify your child’s teacher. In the long run, “playing it safe” and keeping students home during this unprecedented time will hopefully keep everyone healthy and moving forward.
- As a reminder to our afternoon car rider parents, please be sure that you have your child’s neon green car rider card displayed in the windshield when coming through the afternoon car rider line. If the 2020-2021 sign is not displayed, parents will need to park and walk inside to sign their child out… no exceptions. Also, please be mindful of the traffic on Butler Bridge Road. I know it can get backed up to a halt, especially in the afternoons, and your awareness to all traffic on that road is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help with this.
- Because of a federal waiver passed two months ago, school breakfast and lunches are free for all students. Students may bring their own lunch, should they choose. A lunch menu is available on the HCPS website, under the Child Nutrition tab for Parents. Take Home Meals will also be available for students on Friday. G3-G5 “Group A” students will have Take Home Meals available on Mondays and Thursdays, and G3-G5 “Group B” students will be on Tuesdays and Fridays. KI-G2 students will have their Take Home Meals every Friday. If you would like a Take Home Meal for your child, please complete this quick survey, and Robin Bryans, our Cafeteria Manager will take care of you. If you have already completed this form, there is no need to complete another one.
Thank you for all you do to make Marlow a great place to learn and grow!
Have a great night!