Good evening Glenn Marlow families! I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great Monday today.
It is hard to believe that we are already 30 days into the school year. Wow! It has been great seeing our G3-G5 students, Groups A and B, over the last week. They have done such a great job these last few days… keep up the great work!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Attention Morning Car Riders! Now that we are seeing an increase in our morning car rider line due to more students coming to school, please be sure that students are ready to get out of the car once their temperature has been checked. This includes getting out on the curb side, and being sure that you have all your belongings together. Thank you for your help with this!
- Now that we are back in school, I wanted to re-share this document from the NCDHHS regarding COVID-19 screenings and protocols in schools. Please review over this document, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to call me directly, or to our school nurse, Krista Nelson. Ultimately, if your child is sick or feeling sick, please do not send him/her to school. In the long run, “playing it safe” and keeping students home during this unprecedented time will hopefully keep everyone healthy and moving forward.
- Because of a federal waiver passed a month ago, school breakfast and lunches are free for all students. Students may bring their own lunch, should they choose. A lunch menu is available on the HCPS website, under the Child Nutrition tab for Parents. Take Home Meals will also be available for students on Friday. G3-G5 “Group A” students will have Take Home Meals available on Mondays and Thursdays, and G3-G5 “Group B” students will be on Tuesdays and Fridays. KI-G2 students will have their Take Home Meals every Friday. If you would like a Take Home Meal for your child, please complete this quick survey, and Robin Bryans, our Cafeteria Manager will take care of you.
- SAVE THE DATE for Wednesday, October 14th, as Papa John’s in Mills River is hosting a GMES Spirit Night! Order your pizza from Papa John’s that night and a portion of all proceeds will go back to our PTO! Deliver or carryout, enjoy a Papa John’s Pizza on Wednesday, October 14th!
- We have begun our collection of BoxTops for the 2020-2021 school year. BoxTops are labels that can be found on hundreds of items that you find at the grocery store, and when collected, can be exchanged for money for our school. Students can bring them in to their teacher to be collected each month, or you can submit them electronically. All you need to do is download the BoxTops App on your phone, register with Glenn Marlow Elementary School, and scan your receipts every time you go to the store. After you upload them into the app, you will receive a confirmation email. Forward those confirmation emails to email@example.com to get credit for your child’s homeroom. At the end of each month, we will announce the BoxTops class winner, and they will be presented with a trophy for the month. Our goal this year is $3500, so start collecting today! Thank you for supporting our school!
From last week….
- As our students are wearing their masks throughout the day, there are times (lunch, recess, and numerous mask-breaks) when they take them off. In order to keep them from getting lost, parents please be sure that your child’s name is somewhere labeled on them. Thank you for helping us out on this!
- Because we are now on Plan B and serving lunch to students in the cafeteria, the “Grab and Go” lunch service has been moved to Rugby Middle School. Still available from 11:30 – 1:30, families can go to Rugby Middle to pick up lunch and breakfast for the next day during their virtual school day.
Thank you for all you do to make Marlow a great place to learn and grow! Have a great night!