Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message for Monday, September 14, 2020. With the announcement from our School Board last week about our schools moving into Plan B, I want to be sure I provide you the basic information as it relates to Plan B at Marlow. Here is what you need to know:
- Beginning next Monday, September 21st, Pre-K to G2 students, as well as our Intensive Intervention students, will return to in-person instruction, five (5) days a week, 8 am – 3 pm, unless they have chosen the Remote Learning Only (RLO) option, in which they will continue to attend school virtually from 8-12.
- On Thursday, September 24th and Friday September 25th, our G3-G5 students will return to face-to-face instruction on a hybrid, A/B schedule. Students in Group A (Last names A- K) will attend school on Mondays and Thursdays, and students in Group B (Last names L –Z) will attend school on Tuesdays and Fridays. G3 – G5 parents, if you have any question as to which group your child is in, you may contact their teacher for confirmation. Once again, if you have chosen the Remote Learning Only (RLO) option, please be sure to complete the enrollment form through the HCPS website.
Other pertinent information you need to know:
- Masks are required for all students at school and on the bus.
- All students will have their temperatures checked upon arrival at school.
- Water fountains will not be available, so water bottles are encouraged and can be filled at our water bottle filling stations. As we get closer to in-person instruction beginning next week, more information will follow this week as it pertains to everyday operations of the school day. Stay tuned.
Other news and notes for today:
- We still have 2019 – 2020 Marlow Yearbooks available for sale. If you did not purchase a 19-20 yearbook and would like one, please call the front office and we will take care of you. Yearbooks are $25.
- The 2020 Marlow Spirit Wear link is now live, and ready for consumers! Special thanks to Big Frog Custom T-shirts and More for their partnership. Order your Marlow spirit wear today!!
From previous weeks…
- Parents please do not forget to turn in your Free and Reduced lunch forms this week, if you see fit. Not only do these forms provide eligible families free and reduced lunches, but they also help secure federal funding for our school to help pay for teachers, tutors, and instructional resources for our students. A reminder to look at the chart on the front of the form, and as stated earlier, if you see fit, please fill out the form and return with your child. Free and reduced lunch forms can also be completed online via the Free Lunch Application website, so you may submit your form that way if you so choose. The link may be reached through the HCPS website, click on the Apple “Menu” icon, choose “Home” click on “Meal Applications” icon and then click on the Lunch Application icon.
Thank you in advance for your help. I know this is an uneasy time for all of you. We all continue to have questions and explore all the different options and scenarios in this fluid situation. Please know that we are all in this together and we will persevere. Thank you for all you do to make Glenn Marlow a special to learn and grow. Have a great week.