To begin supporting Global Awareness through the use of Video Conferencing in your classroom, follow these steps:
- Determine an educational need for the use of video conferencing in your classroom.
- Check with your media specialist to see if your school has the needed equipment for video conferencing (external webcam for desktops, laptop with built-in webcam, or other).
- If needed, ensure any work orders are put in to have video conferencing software installed on the designated computer.
- Test the equipment and software after installation and before the scheduled conference.
- Send home permission forms if students will be involved in or shown during the video conference activity.