Teacher and Staff Remote Learning Resources
Here are some resources to help you with teaching students remotely. If you need more in depth support, please consider taking one of our asynchronous online courses found in the HCPS Digital Learning PD Hub. Other Professional Learning Opportunities focused on remote instruction will be shared via email, social media and our @Team Newsletters.
- Remote Teaching Comprehensive Support
- Google Classroom Basics
- Creating a Managed Meet in Google Classroom (for HCPS STAFF ONLY for live morning sessions)
- Google Meet Basics (for HCPS STAFF ONLY)
- Google Meet Updates (new)
- Recording a Google Meet (for HCPS STAFF ONLY)
- Using Meet for Hosting Scheduled Video Meetings with Groups (for HCPS STAFF ONLY for afternoon meetings)
- Using Meet for Supporting Individual Student Remotely (for HCPS STAFF ONLY for afternoon meetings)
- Google Meet Issue: Students Unable to Rejoin a Meet
- Google Meet Tips
- Teacher Technology Resources for Learn from Home
- Creating Materials to Save to Flash Drive for Offline Use
- During the Learn From Home time in the Spring of the 2019-2020 school year, you and your students used Google Chat to communicate. This standalone application will not be used with students during this year.
- You will be using Google Meet for hosting and recording live instruction. There is a chat feature within Google Meet that can be used with students, as needed, during live instruction.
- There are several advertised changes coming to Google Meet in 2021. These include:
- End call and eject everyone
- Mute all participants at once
- Chat controls and locks