Good evening Glenn Marlow families! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I hope our Buckaroos enjoyed their day off from school today! Fall is definitely in the air with the changing leaves and cool temperatures…Mother Nature has certainly produced some beautiful views in the mountains here recently! With the 2nd 9 weeks beginning this week, all of our Buckaroos have the opportunity to start fresh, and be better than we were before in the first 9 weeks. Let’s give our best effort this week to start the 2nd quarter strong, and great things will happen!
Here is this week’s Marlow Monday Message:
- Q1 Report Cards will be made available on Thursday, October 22nd, through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Please take this time to look over it with your child, celebrate their successes, and have conversations with them where they may need improvement. We are very proud of all of our Buckaroos, and want each of them to achieve success here at Glenn Marlow. Please remember that Q1 grades are not final until Thursday, October 22. If you are having trouble viewing your child’s grade in the PowerSchool Parent Portal, please call Karen Galloway, our Data Manager, here at the school at 654-3225. If you would like to request a paper copy of your child’s report card, please contact his/her teacher.
- Boo! Halloween is coming, and the Marlow family wants to celebrate with you! Join us for a drive-thru Trick-or-Treat on Friday, October 30. Come through the front entrance any time between 5:30 and 7:00, dressed in your finest costumes and buckets ready! There will also be a coin drive, so start collecting your change. The grade level with the most money will be rewarded! Also–we need candy! Please send in bags of individually wrapped candy to your child’s teacher by Thursday, October 29. Thanks and we can’t wait to see you there! See the attached flyer for details and spread the word!
- The Marlow Fall Scholastic Book Fair has moved online! That’s right, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Fall Scholastic will be all virtual this year. Beginning Monday, November 2nd, Marlow families can visit the Online Book Fair website and shop for their favorite books! The Marlow Virtual Scholastic Book Fair goes from November 2nd through Sunday, November 15th.
- Picture Day is coming! Once again, due to COVID-19 restrictions and Plan B attendance restrictions, Fall pictures will be administered over two days. Mark your calendar for Thursday, November 5th and Friday, November 6th. For our Remote Learning Only students, we invite you come and have your picture taken after school, from 3:30 – 5:00 pm, in the Gym using the Gym entrance. Picture ordering information to follow, but please go ahead and mark your calendars today!
Last week’s news and notes:
- As a reminder, I wanted to re-share this document from the NCDHHS regarding COVID-19 screenings and protocols in schools. Please review over this document, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to call me directly, or to our school nurse, Krista Nelson. Ultimately, if your child is sick or feeling sick, please do not send him/her to school, and please notify your child’s teacher. In the long run, ‘playing it safe’ and keeping students home during this unprecedented time will hopefully keep everyone healthy and moving forward.
- As a reminder to our afternoon car rider parents, please be sure that you have your child’s neon green car rider card displayed in the windshield when coming through the afternoon car rider line. If the 2020-2021 sign is not displayed, parents will need to park and walk inside to sign their child out… no exceptions. Also, please be mindful of the traffic on Butler Bridge Road. I know it can get backed up to a halt, especially in the afternoons, and your awareness to all traffic on that road is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help with this.
- Because of a federal waiver passed two months ago, school breakfast and lunches are free for all students. Students may bring their own lunch, should they choose. A lunch menu is available on the HCPS website, under the Child Nutrition tab for Parents. Take Home Meals will also be available for students on Friday. G3-G5 “Group A” students will have Take Home Meals available on Mondays and Thursdays, and G3-G5 “Group B” students will be on Tuesdays and Fridays. KI-G2 students will have their Take Home Meals every Friday.
Thank you for all you do to make Marlow a great place to learn and grow!
Have a great night!