Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday message for Monday, August 17th, 2020.
No question about it, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that today was unique and an experience like no other for the first day of school! I was so proud of all of our students who were logged into their Google Classroom at 8 am ready to go this morning, and even more proud of our teachers and support staff for helping everyone navigate the unknown, troubleshoot any problems that arose, and overall, helping and supporting one another. Besides a few technology glitches this morning, it was a great a day for our Buckaroos and we know that it is going to get better, so hang in there!
Here are this week’s news and notes:
- I want to take this opportunity to introduce a few new staff members to the Marlow Family. We are so glad to have these wonderful and talented individuals join our staff. Please join me with a big Marlow “Welcome” to:
- Beverly Buckley – Kindergarten Teacher
- Shawn Beam – 2nd grade Teacher
- Rebekah Evington – 3rd grade Teacher
- Lisa Malaquin-Prey – 4th grade Teacher
- Courtney Pace – EC Resource Teacher
- Krista Nelson – School Nurse
- Samantha Hyder – Instructional Coach
- Parents please do not forget to turn in your Free and Reduced lunch forms this week, if you see fit. Free and reduced lunch forms were sent home last week in the drive-thru Orientations, as well as being handed out Kindergarten and First Grade Orientation. These completed forms help us receive federal funding to help pay for teachers, tutors, and instructional resources for our students. A reminder to look at the chart on the front of the form, and as stated earlier, if you see fit, please fill out the form and return with your child. Free and reduced lunch forms can also be completed online at the Free Lunch Application website, so you may submit your form that way if you so choose. The link may be reached through the HCPS website: click on the Apple “Menu” icon, choose “Home,” click on the “Meal Applications” icon, and then click on the Lunch Application icon. Thank you in advance for your help.
- In partnership with the Henderson County Education Foundation, HCPS is sharing a map of business and organization locations within the community offering free Internet access for HCPS students. This Google Map online version will be updated as new locations are added; click on the location points for hours of service and/or WiFi password, if applicable. A PDF version of the “Internet Map for HCPS Families” will be published by early next week. Families will be able to request print copies of the most recent PDF version from school, if you’d like.
- Our Marlow Dads ‘n Donuts workday was rained out this past Saturday, so we will try again this Saturday at 8:30 am in the Bus Entrance. Marlow Dads, if you would like to begin receiving emails about upcoming events, please send me an email with your address on it, and I will add you to the list. Hope to see you Saturday!
Tomorrow is another day. We will make it a great day. Thank you for all you do to make Glenn Marlow a special to learn and grow. Have a great week.