Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart, principal of Glenn Marlow Elementary School with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, August 10th. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend, as we wrap up the summer and get ready for school, we want you to know that we miss you and, even from a distance, Buckaroos, you have been close in our hearts all summer long. We are #MarlowStrong!
Here are this week’s news and notes:
- Class lists: Teacher assignment emails were sent out students and parents this evening. Once again, if you did not receive an email from your child’s teacher, this means that we do not have an email address on file for you, or that the email address that is on file is incorrect. Now, more than ever, please make sure that your email contacts are correct in PowerSchool. If you need to make any changes, please call the school to update. Thank you so much!
- Student Chromebooks: As you have heard in the HCPS “R2L Weekly Update,” students who already have a Chromebook checked out from last spring will continue to use it for the 2020-2021 school year. If your child needs a device, please call the school to set up a time to come and check out a device. For our Kindergarten students, Chromebooks will be distributed during student orientation.
- Student/Families Back to School Orientation: Please see the Back to School Orientation Post as it relates to our Back to School Orientations for all grades K-5. Parents should be receiving additional information from their teacher for these orientations, and we look forward to everyone’s participation to begin the school year.
- Student lunches: Just as we did in the Spring during the initial school closure, student lunches will be available for pick up, beginning Monday, August 17th, from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm. The lunch pick up will be at the Cafeteria/PSPM/PSAM entrance.
- Calling all Marlow Dads! Calling all Marlow Dads! The Marlow Dads ‘n Donuts group will have its first meeting this Saturday, August 15th, beginning at 8:30 am, in the front parking lot of the school. We will be finishing up some grounds beautification and we need your help! Even if you have never been out before, now is the time! We would love to see this group hit record numbers this year, so come on out! Weed-eaters and other lawn tools are always needed, so “bring ’em if you got ’em.” See you there!
- And last but not least, we still have many yearbooks from the 2019-2020 school year that need to be picked up, as well, extras that are for sale. Please make arrangements to come and pick them up, or collect them next week at Orientations. As well, if you would like to purchase a yearbook, they are $25 and can be paid for by cash or check, made out the GMES. This yearbook is one for the books, so come and get’em!
Again, thank you for all of your support, love, and patience through all of this. We miss you all, love you all, and will get through this together. Stay #MarlowStrong, and have a great night! JHart