Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart, principal of Glenn Marlow Elementary School. I hope all is well this evening. I am calling this evening to discuss our Orientation/Meet the Teacher plans for all grade levels next week and beyond, as we prepare our students to begin the school year.
Beginning on Monday, August 10th, classroom teachers will begin contacting their students and parents, introducing themselves and welcoming you to their classroom. For our KI and G1 students and parents, we will be facilitating face-to-face orientations for students and parents in a staggered entry, safe method. During your initial conversation with your teacher, parents will be asked to sign up for a time slot for a face-to-face meeting during the first three days of school.
- KI/G1 students with the last name A-G, your Orientation day will be Monday, August 17.
- KI/G1 students with the last name H-O, your Orientation day will be Tuesday, August 18.
- KI/G1 students with the last name P-Z, your Orientation day will be Wednesday, August 19.
Once again, you will be signing up with your teacher a time for you and your child to come in on your designated day. All K-1 students will begin their remote learning on Thursday, August 20.
For our G2 – G5 students, teachers will be facilitating a Google Meet Orientation on Thursday, August 13th, in addition to a Drive-thru Orientation on Thursday or Friday, August 14th. The Google Meet Orientation will be for both students and parents to attend virtually, and those times will be determined during your initial conversation with your child’s teacher. The drive-thru orientation schedule will go as follows:
- Second Grade: Friday, Aug. 14th from 8:30 – 10:30 am, in the front parking lot
- Third Grade: Thursday, Aug. 13th from 9 – 11 am in the bus parking lot
- Fourth Grade: Friday, Aug. 14 from 9 am – 11 am in the bus parking lot
- Fifth Grade: Friday, Aug. 14 from 2 pm – 4 pm in the bus parking lot
For our ‘New to Marlow’ students and families in First grade through Fifth grade, Ms. Rachel Malmgren, our guidance counselor, will be in contact with you next week to also schedule a face-to-face orientation, set for Friday, August 14th. Stay tuned.
I am so appreciative of all of you: our teachers, staff, and families, for the work you put in to ensure a smooth start to this unique school year. If you have any questions as it relates to this orientation plan, please contact me at school (828) 654-3225. Thank you, and have a good night.