Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with the LAST Marlow Monday Message of the year, June 8th, 2020. We did it! You did it! Needless to say, this has been one of the most, if not the most, craziest, unique, challenging, uplifting end of the school years we have ever had. Thank you for all that you did during this school closure and all throughout the year. We are an AMAZING school because we have amazing students, staff, parents, and community. Together, we are able to achieve great things and get through the toughest of times. Together, we are #MARLOWSTRONG.
Here are your weekly news and notes:
- This week, Marlow Elementary begins our summer schedule. The building will be open Monday – Thursday, 7 am – 5 pm, and closed on Fridays. If you were unable to collect belongings or still have library books, school materials to return, you can do so during this time. More information will come in July as it relates to student Chromebook collection, set for the last week of July, so stay tuned.
- As a reminder, we received notification earlier this month that due to production/publishing plant closings across the region and country, the 2019-2020 Marlow Yearbooks will not be in until the summer. We will send a message out when they arrive for pickup. Stay tuned!
- As we break for summer, the HC Child Nutrition Department has begun its Summer Feeding program, as it continues to provide free lunch for all HCPS children, ages two to eighteen, during the summer months. From 11am – 1pm, feeding sites at Hendersonville Middle School and Apple Valley Middle School will be open. Additionally, the “Meals on the Bus” will operate three individual routes per day. The Meals On the Bus routes are here listed online, just click on the link!
- And yes…the 2020-2021 Kindergarten registration is still live!! Please visit the HCPS website OR our school website to access the online registration. You may also access it by going to the HCPSNC Kindergarten Enrollment website. This online form can be accessed by smartphone or computer, and parents will be asked to upload required documents, i.e. birth certificate and proof of residence. If you are unable to complete this at home, we do have a KI Registration Chromebook set up at Marlow in the main hallway, including sanitizer and wipes to keep everything clean. If you need any help completing this form, please do not hesitate to call the school (828) 654-3225.
- As we close out another year at Glenn Marlow, I want to encourage all of our Buckaroos to keep your brain and your body active this summer. There are several opportunities that are offered throughout the summer to keep our Buckaroos reading, improve their language skills, and be ready for the 2020-2021 school year, whatever that will look like. Students, feel free to send me a selfie or any picture that shows you reading this summer. It can be anywhere – so be creative! Attach to it the hashtag #marlowsummerreading, and send it to me via email, our school Twitter page, or drop it off here in the front office. Get creative, and don’t stop reading!
Thank you for all that you do. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional support. Stay safe and healthy everyone. Have a great summer!