Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, May 4th. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Here are this week’s news and notes:
- This week, May 4 – 8, is Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week! And since we can’t show our appreciation here in the building, all next week we are asking our students and parents to show how much we appreciate the Glenn Marlow teachers and staff by sending them emails, videos, e-cards, etc. Get creative and show some love! Our Marlow staff is made up of some amazing people, and they make a difference the lives of all our students throughout the year and then some. Thank you!
- We would also like to invite our Buckaroos to message us a photo/video of your child with a message for their teacher, or a 30-60 second video clip of your child telling us the following details:
- First Name ONLY
- Favorite Teacher or Staff Member
- What they love about them
- Please make sure that we can clearly see and hear your child speaking!
- The clips and photos we receive will be considered to be shared to our school and/or the district’s social media pages for Teacher Appreciation Week, with the hashtags #NCLighthouseLeaders #OurNCschoolHeroes #ThankATeacher. Send those videos to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!
- From our School Nurse, Kim Ball: if you have questions about picking up your child’s medication, please call 654-3225 and ask to speak to the school nurse.
- Although originally scheduled for next week if were in school, Marlow Field Days have always been a wonderful standing tradition for our students, staff, and parent volunteers. Because we are not in school, Mr. Vaughn has set up a Marlow Virtual Field Day, set for this Friday, May 8th, which is also recognized as National Field Day. I want to encourage all of our Buckaroos to take advantage and participate at home. Parents, for more information, please visit the Field Day Information Document. If you are uploading pictures or videos, use the hashtags #MarlowVirtualFieldDay2020, #WeAreMarlow, or #NationalFieldDay.
- 2020-2021 Kindergarten registration is live! Please visit HCPSNC’s enrollment website or our school website to access the online registration. This online form can be accessed by smartphone or computer, and parents will be asked to upload required documents, i.e. birth certificate and proof of residence. If you are unable to complete this at home, we do have a Kindergarten Registration Chromebook set up at Marlow in the main hallway, including sanitizer and wipes to keep everything clean. If you need any help completing this form, please do not hesitate to call the school at (828) 654-3225.
Thank you for all that you do. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at email@example.com if you have any questions or need additional support. Stay healthy everyone…and May the Fourth be with you!