Good evening Glenn Marlow parents and students, this is John Hart with your Marlow Monday Message on this Monday, April 27th. I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Certainly, we are all saddened by the news coming from Gov. Cooper on Friday that schools will remain closed for students for the rest of the year, and remote learning will continue for the remainder of the year as well. Although this was not the news that we wanted to hear, I take great pride in knowing that our Marlow students, parents, staff and community will stand strong in this through the end of the year – making connections with our teachers and staff, supporting each other, and remaining engaged in student learning.
We will get through this together, and we will do all we can to ensure that our end-of-the year traditions are not lost in all this. Know that your Marlow family is here to support you however possible. Please continue the amazing job that you are doing… it does not go unnoticed.
Here are this week’s news and notes:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week is Materials Return for K-2 students and any other 3-5 students that have been receiving work via paper and pencil. We will have the Pardee/UNC Health Donation Bin out in the front entrance, marked with cones on each side. Parents, we ask that you place all completed work in a sealed plastic bag with your child’s name, teacher and grade level on it. If you do not have a bag, there will be some on site on a table next to the bin for you to use.
- Teachers and instructional staff will be reviewing the submitted assignments following safe handling instructions recommended by health officials. Students will be contacted the following week with academic feedback. If you have any questions about this week’s Materials Return, please ask your teacher or call the school.
- Next week, May 4 – 8, is Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week! And since we can’t show our appreciation here in the building, all next week we are asking our students and parents to show how much we appreciate the Glenn Marlow teachers and staff by sending them emails, videos, e-cards, etc. Get creative and show some love! Our Marlow staff is made up of some amazing people, and they make a difference the lives of all our students throughout the year and then some. Thank you!
- From our school nurse, Kim Ball: “If you have questions about picking up your child’s medication, please call 654-3225 and ask to speak to the school nurse.”
- And lastly, we had a wonderful response from our Google “Check-In” survey to Marlow families several weeks ago, but we also recognize that so much has changed since then. So I am posting the survey out again and ask that each family take a few minutes to answer, and we will get in touch with you if need be. I would love to see over 200 submissions! Thank you for doing this.
Again, thank you for all that you do. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at email@example.com if you have any questions or need additional support. Stay healthy everyone.